9H3CZ activation

A short summary of the 9H3CZ activity.

Apology for the missing activation of 9H/GO-001 on Gozo island which was alerted for Thursday 18/10.
We rented bicycles and went to Gozo by ferry with my XYL, cycled through the island and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Later in the afternoon, reaching a village near the summit we were facing a dilemma whether to climb the summit or to go further west to the Azure window in Dwejra Bay.
Time was running short, having to catch the ferry back to Malta before sunset and being quite far from the harbour we had to give up the SOTA activation in favour of the Azure window. Sorry about that.

On Friday 19/10 I did go to the 9H/MA-001 summit on the Dingli cliffs on the south coast of Malta. I walked about 3 km along the panoramic road along the cliffs, enjoying the breathtaking views from there. I operated from the Ta’Dmejrek point, the highest point in Malta with FT-817 with internal battery and the OCF 21m long wire antenna.
Thanks to chasers for the QSOs, most of them on 14062 kHz.

Apart from SOTA, during the week 14 - 20th October I was QRV in the mornings and nights from Qawra, NW Malta as 9H3CZ on various HF bands using Elecraft KX3 and another sloping OCF 21m long antenna.
Arrived home yesterday night.

73 Petr 9H3CZ / OK1CZ