7QP on or near summit

Good Afternoon,
Just wanted to give a heads up that I will be doing 7QP from a county corner (ORJAC/JOS/DOU) with the call W7O, if all goes as planned. The corner is not in the activation zone but on W7O/SC-014. I will change locations at some point during the contest and do the SOTA activation probably from the Jackson/Josephine Co line. It may also be done with a bit of an audience, demonstrating what SOTA is all about. Because of being only in the AZ part of the time, I will have no alert to avoid confusion. I will need your STATE or STATE and COUNTY if in the 7 area. Hope to still hear yā€™all! Tnx de AG7GP/W7O

4 Likes

Have fun.

I participated as K7E last year from Mineral County, Nevada. Becoming K7E ā€“ Paul Gacek

Commitments keep me in SoCal this time around.

Paul

2 Likes

The 7QP is a fun event. The past few years Iā€™ve done it with a team up at W7RN (K5RCā€™s place) and we always did really well and have a blast. Last year I was at work and stuck over in Elko, so did a quick dual SOTA/7QP activation. I didnā€™t make a whole lot of Qā€™s - I was short on time and my laptop battery didnā€™t hold up - but it was a great time. When I got back home I had quite a few emails looking for my QSL info as it seems Elko county is/was kinda rare. Who knew? :wink: I wonā€™t be up at W7RN this year as I have to hover around the house to ā€œprotectā€ my job assignment (being on call 24/7 really does interfere with radio fun!) so be looking for you guys from down here in the SV of NorCal. Good luck and have fun! 73, Todd KH2TJ :wink:

2 Likes

Date and time?

EL

1 Like

Iā€™m also planning on participating in 7QP this Saturday, hopefully from a county line in Eastern WA.

FYI, 7QP is the 7th Area QSO Partyā€¦ details at http://7qp.org

1300 UTC Saturday to 0700 UTC Sunday (6 AM to midnight PDT the first Saturday in May).

There is a summit nearby that I may activate, so donā€™t be alarmed if I send ā€˜YAKā€™ā€¦ Iā€™m not choking, Iā€™m in Yakima county =)

I will be looking for a signal report and your state (or your county if you are in the 7th call area of the USA). County abbreviation list here: 7QP: State/County Abbreviations

Josh

2 Likes

Hey Todd. Havenā€™t heard you in agesā€¦Amy

Hi Elliot,

In case you didnā€™t see Joshā€™s info, May 1-2, 6am-midnight PDT

Amy

7qp website not working. Explain what it is please?

Also curious to know which W7W/WE summit is being activated.

W7MDN-

Here is the link to the rules. 7QP: 7QP Rules

It is just the 7 Area QSO Party. All of the 7 area tries to get all the states and the 7 area counties, all the non-7 areas try to get the 7 area counties. For where I hope to be, it counts as getting 3 qsos since I will be at a county corner, if all goes well. As for the W7W summit, that must be in reference to WU7Hā€™s activation. I will be at W7O/SC-014 but only part of the contest.

Amy/AG7GP

Still planning hereā€¦ I will post an alert when I figure out my final destination.

Like Amy, I would be leaving my spot on the county line to do an activation for an hour or two, and then heading back to my spot. Being on a county line means each QSO you make counts for both counties and gets you more points in the contest. You should get on the air for a few hours and make some contacts Matt - itā€™s a really fun contest because YOU will be in demand. All you have to do to play is give a signal report and your county.

Sounds cool, might give it a shot.