72nd Mt. San Cristóbal EA2/NV-119 by EA2IF/P on 22/06/2019

Almost 3 weeks after a surgery operation I had on June 3rd as a 1st step to try to overcome my rectum cancer, I’ve recovered a bit of strength and selfconfidence, so I decided to activate a nearby and very well known SOTA today.
>Casi 3 semanas tras la operación quirúrgica que tuve el 3 de junio como un primer paso para intentar superar mi cáncer de recto, he recuperado un poco de fuerza y autoconfianza, así que decidí activar hoy una cercana y muy conocida SOTA.

This was my 72nd activation of this summit but today’s wasn’t a pure hiking like the previous ones because I drove up to the top and only walked about 150m from my car to the operating spot.
>Ésta fue my 72 activación de esta cima, pero hoy no fue una pura subida como las anteriores porque conduje mi coche hasta arriba y solo caminé unos 150m desde el coche hasta el punto de operación.

Today is the first day of summer in the Northern hemisphere and the weather here was absolutely marvelous. No wind and very nice sunshine with not too high temperatures. Just perfect for a post operated activator trying to seize how things were going.
>Hoy es el primer día de verano en el hemisferio Norte y el tiempo aquí era absolutamente maravilloso. Sin viento y un agradable sol con temperaturas no demasiado altas. Símplemente perfecto para un activador post-operado intentando calibrar cómo iban yendo las cosas.

I installed an endfed with 21m long wire as an inverted vee and the 6m elevated counterpoise at the North side of the summit.
>Instalé un hilo de 21m de largo alimentado en el extremos como una V invertida y los 6m de contraantena elevados en el lado Norte de la cima.

I started CQing on 60m but I had no calls back.
Then I QSYed to 40m CW where I logged 20 QSOs in 33 minutes, 2 of which were S2S.
On 30m CW I logged 10 QSOs in 20 minutes.
20m CW only produced 5 QSOs in 7 minutes. I guess I left my frequency a bit too early not giving the chasers much time to arrive.
20m SSB produced 12 QSOs, one of which was a S2S. After having unsuccessful and repeatedly tried to be copied by Alberto EA2DCA/P for a S2S QSO, I decided to give up and QSYed to 10m SSB.
10m SSB produced 8 QSOs, 2 of which were S2S.
>Empecé llamando CQ en 60m pero no tuve ninguna llamada de vuelta.
Entonces hice QSY a 40m CW donde anoté 20 QSOs en 33 minutos, 2 de los cuales fueron SaS.
En 30m CW anoté 10 QSOs en 20 minutos.
20m CW solo produjo 5 QSOs en 7 minutos. Supongo que dejé mi frecuencia un poco demasiado pronto no dando a los cazadores mucho tiempo para llegar.
20m SSB produjo 12 QSOs, uno de los cuales fue SaS. Después de haber intentado repetidas veces sin éxito ser copiado por Aberto EA2DCA/P para un QSO SaS, decidí dejarlo e hice QSY a 10m SSB.
10m SSB produjo 8 QSOs, 2 de los cuales fueron SaS.

All in all 55 QSO and 5 S2S. This is the full log:
>En total, 55 QSOs y 5 SaS. Éste es el log completo:

Here’s the S2S log:
>Aquí está el log SaS:

Indeed, a very enjoyable activation.
Before leaving, I took some few pictures from the summit. Let me share these with you:
>Realmente una activación para disfrutar.
Antes de marchar, tomé algunas pocas fotos desde la cima. Déjenme compartir éstas con ustedes:

This is how I tied my trusty old fishing rod to the barbed wire fence.
>Así es como até mi vieja y fiable caña de pescar a la alambrada.

Thanks dear chasers for your calls and QSOs.
I’ll be looking forward to activating again soon.
>Gracias, estimados cazadores, por sus llamadas y QSOs.
Estaré esperando activar pronto otra vez.

Guru

17 Likes

Hi Guru,
Thanks for the QSO today, good luck with your recovery and cu agn vy soon.
73 Mike g0bpu

2 Likes

Hi dear Guru,
a pleasure to hear you back again. Thanks for your effort. I’m glad you enjoyed with the reencounter with your friends!

Hopefully we’ll be doing a joint activation soon.
Take care and the best wishes
73 Ignacio

Ps nice pictures indeed!

3 Likes