6CM's FM ATV this week

Myself and Chris M0KPW hope to be out from separate summits, possibly Blackcombe G/LD-030 and Whitfell G/LD-032 this Wednesday or Thursday. We have not given it an airing for a good while so we will be using our 6cms FM ATV portable kit.
Does anyone else have equipment for this band for a QSO?

Nick G0HIK

What equipment are you are you using ?

I have system configured for WBFM using a pair of the FPV modules, but it’s configured to feed 1V pk-pk audio into the ‘video’ input and amplify the ‘video’ output to feed a loudspeaker.

I do have a 7 inch screen aand somewhere a simple CCD module that could be connected instead, but I would have to re-engineer things a fair bit to do that and I suspect the distance from G/CE-001 to G/LD is a bit too far for a QSO except perhaps under suitable tropo conditions.

I’m using very similar, both FPV modules, display is a Tablet and the camera is a very cheap CCTV unit.
Using the dish rather than the current flat panel we have worked some really good distances. But using the height of a SOTA (2000ft) and help of September tropo, you just never know.

We would be very keen to try if you can reconfigure to ATV.
I’m also going to modify my kit for WBFM as I’ve been promised a contact in IO91 for this months SHF UKAC

Nick G0HIK

I might be able to get to e.g. Kirkby Moor G/LD-049 [IIRC] during the week of 7-11 September 2020 Nick while staying with my Dad in Kendal. I would bring my 6cm FM ATV set and a Portsdown for camera and test card control over comp video. Email in QRZ.com is good for PM reply.
73 es sd
David M0YDH