500th point today?

Goatdom is a long way off and milestones along the way are one aspect of enjoying the journey.

With that in mind I’m hoping to get my 500th point today at May Hill (G/WB-019) around 14:00 UTC.

As a Londoner that has lived a long time in California reaching 500 in the Olde Country has appeal!!

5 Likes

Sorry Paul but the propagation wasn’t with us today. I listened when you were spotted, but nothing heard - sorry.
Congratulations on the 500th activator point today. Skip appears long on 14MHz today, so hopefully you’ve bagged a few SOTA chasers from across “The Pond” back in the US.

I was sure I heard a London accent when we managed a contact on GW/SW-001 on Wednesday, now I know why!

73 Ed DD5LP (G8GLM).

1 Like

Hi Paul

You were a good signal on 40M from May Hill so hopefully you have achieved you 500th Activation point.

Nice to hear short skip on 40M for a change !

73 Andrew G4AFI

1 Like

G0FEX
Hi Paul
Nice signal from May Hill this afternoon, first time I have heard you as has been said, good to have 40 m open.
Cheers Ken G0FEX

1 Like

Paul,

News of your achievement has reached us out here in the colonies!
Well done!

Ken
K6HPX

1 Like

After almost a month of wandering around bits of Europe I’m getting ready to head back to the USA tomorrow.

Thanks to all the chasers yesterday while on May Hill and I did make my 500th point. It was a lively activation and fun to be chased by so many UK stations on 40m. The views of the Severn River and Malverns where spectacular and a great wrap up to three days of activating.

Activating in the Brecon Beacon area was invigorating from a wet and frigid Pen Y Fan to having one leg unexpectedly disappear down a sink hole while hiking off Fan Brychieniog. Fortunately my poles saved me from something bad.

I’m looking forward to coming back sometime soon!

Paul

1 Like

Hi Paul

Well done on making 500 points. It’s all uphill from here :slight_smile:

Good luck with the next 500.

73, Andrew VK1AD

1 Like