I’m not sure what do you mean with “taper schedule”.
But to optimise an antenna
- define the geometry and use variables (symbols) for coordinates and dimensions you want to optimize,
- use fixed values for the other coordinates and dimensions,
- define the symbols and give them reasonable values to start with,
- save the input file,
- start “Calculate” - “Start Optimizer”,
- in the optimizer window select the variables you want to optimize, set the frequency and weight factors for the outcome measures and
- hit Start.
May be you will optimize the length and position of the director of your 2 m yagi (only one director available). The yagi boom should go along x direction and the hight over ground (z direction) should be variable. X = 0 may define the position of the reflector.
Use the NEC editor (new).
In the tab “Symbols” edit
hog = 10.00 Comment: Hight over Ground, value 10.00 m
led = 1.00 Comment: length of dipole, value 1.00 m
dpos = 0.40 Comment: position of dipole, value 0.40 m (from reflector)
In the tab “Geometry” edit for the director
X1=dpos Y1=-led/2 Z1=hog X2=dpos Y2=led/2 Z2=hog (and add the other parameter values)
Edit the other tabs (if needed) and save the input file.
In the optimizer window mark “hog” and “led” to optimise these parameters, set Frequency = 145 and a weight for the goals e.g. SWR: 50 and Gain: 100.
Hit Start and the optimizer should run (if all the other parameters of the antenna model are ok).
Are these the informations you are looking for?