46Climbs/SOTA Slacker activations

This past week our SOTA Slacker team for the 46Climbs has been doing pretty good. Some challenges of heavy smoke and closed NF has put a damper on some of our plans for the more challenging summits but we are still having fun! We have so far achieved a total of about 13000ā€™ of elevation gain. Tomorrow, 9/11, N0DNF, KX6I, K7III and myself (AG7GP) will all try to be on summits for the fundraiser and for SOTA activations. Not too late if you would like to support to help end suicide and the stigmas of mental illness :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope to hear you on the air!
Amy
AG7GP

https://supporting.afsp.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=273099

Check out the social wall, clips from many climbers:

Some pics from our activations so far from a few different states:

13 Likes

Hi Amy, a great cause. Mny thanks for your update and terrific photos.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Brilliant cause to support! Great photos. Good luck to you all

Gerald
MW0WML

1 Like

How about selling 46Climb shirts in either blue or burgundy @ 25 bucks plus shipping, Amy? Put me down for a burgundy large. Game worn shirts 20% off? All in memory of the best friend Sota ever had, KU6J, who could not be saved by medication.

Elliott, K6EL

4 Likes

Not sure this got to you Elliot so trying again

Hi Elliott,

I did not know KU6J, but have seen him mentioned and obviously was an incredible man. Iā€™m not one of the 46climbs organizers, just joined for the loss of my niece, which led to some SOTA ops wanting to do the same so a team was formed. You can still join our team by clicking on the link and I think they still will send you a shirt šŸ˜Š. But maybe we should think about doing a team next year that at least has one day of hiking in memory of KU6J?

73 and hope to hear u today,

Amy

1 Like

A few more pics from my outing today. I had a lot of fun with family and friends, especially my great nephew Oscar who lost his mom. I think I have a new SOTA hiking partner :slight_smile:

![20210911_094140|690x388](upload://7h8k9tWhakHIzZFfQ2a7mwlduxi.jpeg

2 Likes