40m QRM

Anyone else getting Big QRM across the whole of the 40m CW section, not long started…

Steve,
MW0BBU.

In reply to MW0BBU:

This?

http://www.sotawatch.org/reflector.php?topic=6225

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hello Andy,
Sounds like the OTHR that you described for me on 10mhz a while back, just its really wide this time… sounds like steam rushing up a pipe…

Steve.

In reply to MW0BBU:

Hi Steve,

Just got in from work & took a listen. Nothing major across the CW part of 40m, just a peak around 7032KHz that matches your description.

I note the QRM mentioned on the other thread is back on 7118 KHz, I’ll set up a recorder tonight to see if I can caprure any more “Morse”.

Mark G0VOF

just its really wide this time… sounds like steam rushing up a
pipe…

I have heard this quite a few times. I think it is military over the horizon, for want of a better expression ~ radar.

In reply to G0VOF:
Hi Mark,
Maybe the old FT920 is a bit sensitive here but I have it down to 6.990 at s8.
Ah well i,m sure it,ll stop in a day or two… Be interesting to see if you do capture something…

Steve,
MW0BBU.

In reply to MW0BBU:

Well there’s nothing in IO85… 40m is fine. Just practicing my morse listening to DA0HST.

Are you sure it’s not local QRM as opposed to what Steve put in the video? Or does it really sound like the video?

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Sounds like something local to you Steve, the QRM on 7116-7118 sounds nothing like steam Hi!

See the other thread.

Good luck finding it if it is local to you.

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF