3.7.2 Scoring

Hi everyone,

I have some questions and I would like you to help me to fix them, I already read the SOTA Reflector forum but the answer is from 2011 and I don’t know if there is any update about it.

If I activate a summit in November 2019, can I reactivate it in January 2020 or I need to wait until November 2020,?, to claim the points

and Is the calendar year from January 1 to December 31?

Best Regards

XE1MYO Mayolo

1 Like

Yes, year changeover is the reset.

And of course welcome to the SOTA Reflector :+1:

73 Joe

thanks for your support

73s Mayolo

And the calendar year is the UTC year, not local year. This allows you to make an activation of a high points summit (ideally) and earn its points in both UTC years.

Bienvenido, Mayolo, a esta magnífica vertiente del hobby de la radio: SOTA.
Bien podrás activar cualquier cima cada día del año, si lo deseas. Desde el 1 de enero hasta el 31 de diciembre podrías realizar 365 activaciones de una cima que tú elijas, pero sólo obtendrás puntos de esa activación en la primera activación del año UTC en la cual hayas realizado 4 o más QSOs. El resto de activaciones, del año serían activaciones válidas independientemente del número de QSOs que realices y no te valdrían ningún punto más de activador.
Si una cima que quieres activar estuviese dentro de las que tienen bonus de temporada (invernal o veraniego, pues de ambos existen según las asociaciones por el mundo) y la activases por primera vez ese año en una fecha fuera del período de bonus, con 4 QSOs o más en tu log, entonces obtendrías los puntos de activador de esa cima. Si la volvieses a activar ese mismo año con 4 QSOs o más, pero en una fecha en la que sí esté en vigor el bonus invernal, ya no obtendrías de nuevo los puntos de activador de esa cima porque ya los obtuviste en tu primera activación de esa cima en este año en curso, pero sí obtendrías ahora los puntos del bonus (invernal o venariengo, según proceda)
Estaré deseando cazarte pronto.

Guru

============================================================

Welcome, Mayolo, to this great branch of the ham radio hobby: SOTA.
You may well activate any summit every day in the year, if you wish to. From January 1st to December 31st you could carry out 365 activations on a summit of your choice, but you would only get points from the 1st activation of the UTC calendar year, assuming you made 4 or more QSOs. The rest of the activations of that summit in the year would be valid activations, no matter the number of QSOs made and none would give you any activator points.
If a summit you want to activate is among those subject to a seasonal bonus and you were to activate it for the first time that year in a date out of the seasonal bonus period, with 4 QSOs or more in your log, you would get the activator points of that summit. If you were to activate it again with 4 or more QSOS in your log, in a date within the seasonal bonus period, you wouldn’t get the activator points of that summit because you already got them in the current year, but you would get the seasonal bonus points (either winter or summer).

I’ll be looking forward to chasing you soon.

Guru

3 Likes

Gracias Muchas Gracias.

73s Mayolo

1 Like

Mayolo,
Be listening for you on the HF bands!
Best, Ken

yes, I hope so too

73s Mayolo