13th OE5 SOTA day on 16th of September 2023

Dear SOTA community,

I have this year the pleasure to announce the 13th OE5 SOTA day (as part of the OE SOTA day)

Keyfacts:

• When: 16th of September 2023 (Saturday as usual). Main activation time as usual around 9:00 UTC (11:00 LT)

• Meetup after the activations at 16:00 LT
    Gasthaus Schobermühle
    In der Au 1
    4644 Scharnstein
    An extra room for 25+ people is booked for us. If the weather is as good one can wish there is a big terasse available too.
    The location is easy to reach both from the A1 and A9 highway.

• Where: The region Almtal and the northern pre-alp summits

From easy hikes and one (almost) drive-on summit to several options in the 1,5-2,5h ascent range a good range of summits is available for every preferrence.
Daring activators could reach one of the huts (Welserhütte, Pühringerhütte) already the day before an activate alpine summits like Grosser Priel in the Totes Gebirge range.

For accomodation please use your preferred booking services or have a look here:
Hotel and Guesthouses in the area

I heard rumous that a delegation from IN3 might visit us again. So international guest are warmly welcome!

Local activities for friends and family that are visiting with the activators:

• Paper makers museum Steyrermühl LINK
  • Crime museum Castle Scharnstein LINK
  • Castle ruins Scharnstein LINK
  • Rent a bike and follow the river Alm
  • Schokolade world LINK
  • Visit the town Gmunden at the lake Traunsee

OE5 SOTA friends please add more infos. Looking forward to the event.

73 from Joe, OE5 Region manager

12 Likes

I am bringing up this thread just as a reminder that next Saturday the OE5 and therefore also the All OE SOTA day takes place.
Lot’s of activity on 2m FM expected. Maybe some chases and S2S to DL and OK will be possible to as we are in the pre-alps of OE with openings in that direction. HF chaser will of course get their fair share too.
Find us on the bands.

OE5 and OE6 are very active this year.

Lot’s of alerts around our meetup place:

All OE activators and guests please take pictures of your activaton so that we can share them here and on the OEVSV website. Thank you

Hear you all S2S
73 Joe

11 Likes