I’ve just had an email to confirm that the 13cm SG Labs transverter I ordered in May is on its way - this is good, the lead time has been exactly as specified.
Anyway, I thought I’d better get building an antenna. The DL6WU 23cm Yagi I built using K7MEM’s online calculator worked well, so I’m going down the same route.
Progress so far, all parasitic elements cut (23 of them), folded dipole and plastic pipe boom next up. I chose 24 elements because they will fit on a 1 metre boom, which is about as long as I want to carry. Estimated gain 16dBd. 2W from transverter. 80 Watts ERP at best, but I think half that should get me into OSCAR 100.
After that experiment, I’ll be looking for SOTA contacts from G/WB / GW/MW to start with (direct contacts, I’m not lugging the satellite proof-of-concept kit up a hill :o)