10m fun: 94th Mt. Ezkaba EA2/NV-119 by EA2IF/P on 09/06/2021

Conditions on 10m seemed to be good after I had a QSO from my home base remote station with an EA7 ham at the Southernmost corner of Spain (Tarifa) who was working with just 6W and peaking 59 at times on my IC-706 receiver (with preamp OFF). So I decided to go out and activate a local summit looking for some more fun on the 10m band.
I drove up to near the summit of this mountain, parked and walked the few 150-200 m up to the operating spot. There I setup my usual 14m long endfed wire as a sloper to my 9:1 unun with a 5m long counterpoise wire over some bushes and then down to the grass/ground.
The rig was my usual FT-817ND @ 5W + MFJ-941B antenna tuner.
Battery was LiFePo4 4S2P.
I started on SSB, selfspotted and had a good run of nearly 20 minutes:

After a number of unresponded CQ calls, I QSYed to CW and spent nearly 2 hours CQing and making this many QSOs on my favorite mode:

You can see it on the map:

I did check 6m band a few times looking for @M1EYP but I could hear nothing at all.

I arrived to the summit with very nice temperature and a nice sunshine, but left it with the sky completely cloudy and a fresh wind blowing from the North. But it was a great, great time in the mountain and on the air.

Guru

7 Likes

Hi Guru, thanks for another great activation report. Very interested in setup details too. Well done.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

2 Likes