10K S2S Points & Thanks!

Congrats Martin! Glad I was able to contribute along the way.

73, Robert
M0RWX

1 Like

Quite a bit! Thanks for all your help.

Cheers

Martin

1 Like

Nice to be one of the 10K from Dale Head on Saturday Martin !
Have fun !

2 Likes

Got 100 S2S points from todays activationā€¦ going to be a while before I catch you up lol!

1 Like

Congratulations Martin @2E0BIA on reaching this milestone :beers: Glad we could hear each other in an s2s QSO. Thanks for calling in. See you next time.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like

Somebody else with NBSā€¦Numb Bum Syndrome! Be careful it is addictive! It is funny how days change. Last Wednesday there were loads of people out, but it was much quieter today. I called it a day, after an hour of no new spots!

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for the points!

Martin

1 Like

Many congratulations Martin, glad to have helped (a little bit) on the way! I thought Iā€™d done quite well to reach about 5500 S2S but I stand in awe of your achievement in a comparitavely very short time. A good thing there is a fairly comfy seat on Shining Tor - have you ever totted up how many hours/days/weeks you have spent sitting there?? I look forward to helping you towards the next s2s milestone (which I believe is probably set at 25,000 but I wonā€™t mention that as it seems rather a long way away - even at your speed!)
Onwards and Upwards!
73 Viki

2 Likes

Well done, Martin :clap: and I thought I had done well in reaching 5000.
Rod

2 Likes

Hi Viki
Thanks for your assistance. I think you are probably responsible for 99% of my 70cms QSOs. I did my 97th activation of Shining Tor today, although I have been doing a lot more recently, including North Wales and the Lakes. Unfortunately living in the East Midlands, means I have to travel a fair distance to get to any SOTA summit.

A funny thing happened today, I was visited by the SOTA fairy! I actually never sit on the bench, because there are too many people about. I sit on a rock about 30m from the trig point, along the wall. Today as I approached the rock I found two, one pound coins stacked on it! I treated myself to an icecream on the way home!

Hope to catch you soon.
Martin

Living in the middle of a small town, i am the same. All my chaser points have been from summits.

Martin

2 Likes

Good stuff, Martin, congratulations, glad to have helped along the way! 73 John.

1 Like

What an incredible achievement and story. Serious congratulations :+1:

1 Like