10 Years SOTA in Greece

On Saturday, 3 August 2013, SOTA in Greece will be 10 years old.

The same day we will try to activate as many different SV/summits is possible in all Greek Regions.

The activations will start around 9:00 UTC and will end around 17:00 UTC.

We feel the need to thank you for the warm response to every spot and call all these years and we hope that we, all, will continue enjoy SOTA to the maximum for many more decades in the future.

I hope to meet everyone of you on air on 3/8 !
(There will be activity also on 12m band).

for the Greek SOTA

73, Panos, SV1COX
Assoc Manager

In reply to SV1COX:

Hope it goes well Panos.

It would be great to see someone activate SV/IO-022 Kastri after my failed attempt.

73 Stewart M0SCU

In reply to SV1COX:

Hello Panos,

I hope to hear one of you at least on the 3rd August 8)

Good luck and I hope all goes well.

Best wishes
Mike G6TUH

In reply to SV1COX:
Hi Panos,

happy birthday to SOTA Greece. I hope to meet many activators from SV on the bands.
Your country has superb summits and I am very glad and have enjoyed very much to climb and activate some of them in the last years.

Good luck to SOTA Greece!

73, Lutz

In reply to SV1COX:
Hello Panos I hope to be out on that weekend doing repeater maintenance with a summit near by so will watch for the SV spots .
Hope to make a S2S
de Ian vk5cz …

In reply to SV1COX:
Ya su and Kalimera from Pennsylvania. Congratulations on 10 years of SOTA, Palos. Your country is beautiful. Back in the 1969 I was in the US Air Force, and was stationed at a microwave site located on the island of Lefkas. Wish I could travel again to see your country. All the best. Hope to work you soon. Scotty KG3W

In reply to SV1COX:

On Saturday, 3 August 2013, SOTA in Greece will be 10 years old.

Hi Panos,

Have you thought of issuing an Association award to celebrate the 10 years?

If you think it a good idea and need any help email me direct: gm4toe “at” btconnect.com

Barry GM4TOE
SOTA Awards Manager

Congratulations on the 10 years Panos,Dino,Kostas and company.Looking forward to the next 10,good luck all on Saturday. 73 Don G0RQL.

Thank you all,

@Barry an Association Award is not financial feasible. Instead i prepare a special QSL card which we will try to reach every chaser who work a SV summit on 3/8. Even that is not a so “easy” task while you consider that perhaps there will be abt a thousand QSOs and bureau will not accept to send cards for no bureau members.

Because of job dependencies we think to extend the event to Sunday 4/8 too.

There will be relevant announces.

73, Panos, SV1COX

P.S. Speaking for awards there 4 SOTA Greece awards. One of them “SOTA -Work All Greece Award” maybe can be completed on that one or two days, you can see it here: http://sota.gr/sotawards5.html
(for the english translation please read the SOTA Greece ARM in English).

In reply to SV1COX:
Hi Panos,

I must admit I had just assumed an award sent by email only, not printed.

Thanks for the reminder about the existing SOTA Greece Awards, we need to publicise Association awards much more.

Hope you have a great time celebrating 10 years.

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to GM4TOE:

Thank you Barry, you and all MT for the effort and personal time to keep SOTA running all these years.

We are happy to report that we extend the event to Sunday 4 August 2013.

We will verify all QSOs wih a special QSL card and an aniversarry plaque will be issued to every activator who will activate a SV summit that weekend.

73, Panos, SV1COX

The log with the contacts which will receive the special QSL card is here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54761678/10Years_QSLs.pdf

any corrections will be much appreciated.

73, Panos, SV1COX

In reply to SV1COX:

Thanks Panos, I think you all must have had great time 8)
Best Wishes to all in Greece.
Mike G6TUH