1,000 Completes and a 6th SOTA Mountain Goat

These two are separate things. Our SOTA professionals meet obviously their milestones more frequently. So let’s have a look at their recent successes:

First Jürg, HB9BIN. You are all used to read every now and then a milestone story about Jürg, but today the milestone itself is the story. Jürg has recently completed a full set of 1,000 SOTA Completes. Imagine: you need 1,000 uniques (not only activations or even QSO) and should chase them all. Since you can chase only what is activated by others, this is not really under control and needs dedication on a higher level. Congrats on this rare success, Jürg!

This set has been completed only once by Jan, OK2PDT. A next, third set of 1,000 will fill up soon: Phil, G4OBK, is on 995!

And second is Hans, HB9BQU. Hans has met some days ago his 6th SOTA Mountain Goat. Congrats also on your success, Hans! He is a sporty guy, does our hobby on voice and CW on summits of all heights, but he also enjoys playing the Swiss accordion, so Hans is talented for music in many ways.

So it’s bringing water to the river to wish for both “Enjoy!”. But this fuel is needed constantly, since it is the base for what we love - SOTA or not.

Jürg’s milestones will keep us busy for the next time: He is approaching further round numbers: 3,000 activations, 1,400 uniques, 100,000 QSOs and 13 SOTA Mountain Goats, and such from 30 associations since 11 years and 7 months. I’m sure that a memorial on the SOTA Olymp in Greece (or maybe in SOTA home England?) is already under construction.

Remember that Hans with the same time of participating in SOTA has “only” half as many Goats as Jürg, but this is simply due to the fact that Jürg is twice as crazy as Hans, hi!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ (only on 203 Completes)

33 Likes

Outstanding results. Such dedication! :slight_smile:
Congratulations both - all.

73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2DA

2 Likes

What a brilliant accomplished and performance from Juerg HB9BIN Markus, in beating me to reaching the 1000 Completes, well done Juerg - Juerg’s total includes an extraordinary amount of S2S SOTA Completes.

Hans HB9BQU too - on getting his 6th Goat - there aren’t many who have achieved that either…

I’ll easily manage the 1000 next month when I go to Friedrichshafen with Victor GI4ONL. We are going via Prague and airing the OL15SOTA callsign as we pass through Czech on the drive into and back from Bavaria in a hired Skoda Fabia Combi.

73 Phil G4OBK

11 Likes

Great performances

Especially the Completes are for me the supreme discipline in SOTA.

These are unbelievable achievements that can only be achieved through great commitment over a long period of time.

73 Armin

4 Likes

I have no words…Outstanding achievements! Bravo Hans and Juerg!
73 Fabio

2 Likes

Absolutely fabulous achievements. My achievements are so miniscule I feel I’m in the wrong hobby. I can’t comprehend what was needed.

Hearty congratulations all round.

Ron
VK3AFW

1 Like

Hearty congratulations to Jürg, Hans, and Jürg! Your achievements are over-the-top :-)!

Andy, N4LAG

Very impressive! Sorry, Jûrg, not to have read this before our SSB contact of this morning.
73 de Claudio IX1IHR

Hello Hans @HB9BQU and Jürg @HB9BIN.

You both have reached two remarkable milestones! My congratulations. Have fun with the hobby and see you soon in a QSO.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

Hi Markus,

Many thanks to open his topic.
I would like to say that this is my great honor to know those three men personally:
Jan @OK2PDT
Juerg @HB9BIN
Phil @G4OBK

Chapeau bas Gentlemen :muscle:

73, Jarek

4 Likes

Herzliche Gratulation den beiden - Chapeau!
Weiterhin viel Spass mit SOTA und ich freue mich auf weitere gemeinsame Touren.

73 de Bruno HB9CBR

Amazing! Just to activate 1,000 summits is a real achievement. Many Congratulations both and well done. :grinning:

1 Like

Wow, congratulations :clap: :clap::clap:

Congrats, @hb9bin, Jürg and @hb9bqu, Hans on your incredible achievements :tada: :champagne: :balloon:
It requires a lot of dedication and perseverance to reach these milestones!
I hope you further enjoy our wonderful hobby and the beauty of your mountains.

73, Roman

This is just amazing!
Congratulations to Jürg and Hans for these outstanding achievements.

Have fun and 73, Stephan

Herzliche Gratulation Euch beiden!

73 Jens HB9EKO

Hi Juerg & Hans

Congratulations and many thanks for all the contacts over the years.

GL/73
Nick G4OOE

From me also the greatest recognition and hearty congratulations.

But what I admire and appreciate the most is your noticeable appreciation for me as a qso partner with every qso.

73 Chris

1 Like

Congratulations to you both on achieving these great results. On this occasion, thank you for all qso’s and hope to meet you often in the future.
Best 73
Paul DL6FBK

Congratulations to both. Impressive numbers.