VK Visiting US

Wonderful.

I’ve upset my back and laughing really hurts.

I just wonder what the original was and how you found it.

Better luck next time,
Rod

Andrew,

Very funny captions, much enjoyed. I hope the trip home is comfortable.

Ron
VK3AFW

It gets better. A missing switch guard in the cockpit will mean I miss my connection in LAX so I get to overnight there too.

/me prepares the goat sacrifice

OMG Andrew.

Something electrical! Dang. Did they not have duct tape?

You will need to sacrifice a goat on the cairn at the summit of Mt Kosciuszko to appease the SOTA gods. Hmm maybe the rangers won’t think well of that.

Maybe a lamb chop BBQ on another SOTA peak with its own BBQ facilities and some red wine to represent the sacrificial blood and a few commiserating activators would do it.

We could start the failed activators annual wake. You would of course be the President of this august body.

Get a good nights sleep.

I have had regular 18 h interconnection delays in Nairobi and 12 h in Bangkok on the same trip over the last 3 years. And I used to think 3 h stopover in Adelaide was bad.

Ron
VK3AFW

Dear Andrew, in your absence, Nan and I sacrificed some goat sausages (no preservatives) and a good Shiraz over lunch, Well, it was my mother-in laws birthday but what the heck.
Have a safe trip home & look forward to catching up.
Tony,

[quote=“vk3afw, post:24, topic:9714”]interconnection delays[/quote]23 hours in Bangkok was, I think, the worst I’ve had to deal with.

[quote=“vk3afw, post:24, topic:9714”]BBQ on another SOTA peak with its own BBQ facilities[/quote]Sounds like an excellent idea, especially in VK. Here, of course, there probably aren’t any such Summits, and it would most likely rain on the occasion, too… :wink:

73, Rick M0LEP

It’s a long shot, but if there are any SOTA guys in LA who would be willing to show a brother a close, easy summit before my 10pm flight out tonight 23rd Nov, give me a call on +61 409 764 732 after 10am PST or so.

All my gear is air side of LAX, so I would need to borrow some gear.

Can some good come out of this LA stopover, or am I forced to replay episodes of The OC in my brain?

Reposted to the NASOTA Yahoo group.
Jim

Hi Rod,

The original is from Downfall, but the parody versions have been going around for years:

Cheers,
Andrew