SOTAWatch Alerts: suggestions for improvement

I would like to have both options when posting an alert. I usually post exact frequency/mode pairs. It doesn’t happen often, but sometimes my QRL? is answered by Go ahead, we’re waiting for you Malcolm
I think it should be up to the activator when posting their alert to choose between posting frequency/mode or posting band/mode.

Hi all,

Having a Live Chat facility would be very popular. I think it’s essentially, but maybe that’s a minority view.

Users would have to accept that it was not to replace the existing discussion forum but for ephemeral stuff such as Ed mentioned - “Pse QSY DX station on ur freq.”

If you want to see what has been done by others have a look at http://www.vklogger.com/

Ron

We already have live chat over RF. If you want chat with om’s over internet you can do it from home. There is 100% success guarantee. Again, it takes a skill, even more skill if there is QRM, QRN, ctest, etc.
If we do this, and use chat rooms for help with our contact, then we must put into mode category also GSM/INET mode.
Remember, to many hints can spoil the game!

73 de s52ft, BostJan

1 Like

Makes a lot of sense to me. It is very to easy to get it wrong when manually formatting it, especially when entering a new Alert using a cell phone where one has to keep switching the ‘keyboard’ from alpha to numbers to other characters. Thanks for thinking outside of the box.
Jody - K3JZD