SOTA Logos revamped

In reply to DL1DLF:

Constructive criticism is always welcome will look at it next.

Revamped German logo uploaded along with Northern Ireland and South Africa.

Hungary added too.

In reply to GW7AAV:

Vector vector über alles :slight_smile:
http://ok1hra.dtpress.net/2007_sota.svg
73, Dan OK1HRA

ps: Vector graphics - Wikipedia

In reply to OK1HRA:

Vector formats are a problem for most people to view, which is why my output is in .jpg format. The format may also be more sophisticated but the tools required to work in vectors are either crude or ridiculously expensive. Having spent a fortune to buy tools to work in vectors on software under Win 95 I did not see the value of spending again either for my Win 98, XP or Win 7 machines. Vector graphics also have some vulnerabilities from what I have read, which caused Adobe to drop support from their .svg reader.

In reply to GW7AAV:

Swiss logo uploaded and German one tweaked with a better eagle.

Many thanks Steve, looks well. I’m sure you have a resize and upload tool. And I would be proud if you develop a new design for my webpage :wink: BTW [advertising] if you need a break, here some photos from our last contact
http://www.dl1dlf.de/berg-hochstein

73, Jörg DL1DLF

In reply to DL1DLF:

Super photos!

One of the useful things with Flickr is the ‘view all sizes’ (75 x 75)(100 x 100)(240 x 240)(500 x 500(640 x 640) or (1000 x 1000) in this case.

I really should fix my own website and get it up to date. I spent a lot of time doing things that the host has now disabled such as buttons instead of links and RS feeds to news, the cluster and SOTAwatch. My blog CQHQ has been taking my concentration and my website a back seat.

Latest logos uploaded Lichtenstein, Luxenbourg, Switzerland, Malta and Hungary. About half way through!

73 Steve

Latest logos uploaded Lichtenstein,

The usual spelling is Liechtenstein though.

In reply to M1MAJ:

Latest logos uploaded Lichtenstein,

The usual spelling is Liechtenstein though.

Opps! will correct and upload shortly.

In reply to GW7AAV:
Great job Steve!
Can I use one on my webpage?

73 Viktor

In reply to HA5LV:

Everyone can feel free to use the images in line with the SOTA ideal of “Not for profit” and I have no problem with people altering them to suit their preference either.

73 Steve

In reply to GW7AAV:

Thank you Steve.

73 Viktor

In reply to G4OIG:

Apolgies for the slight deviation, the logos do look great Steve :slight_smile:

Hi Gerald,

The idea of COTA or CAPOTA is not as daft as it may sound, & as I am sure you saw one of my earlier posts here, amateur radio from a cave has been done.

At the time, there was some rivalry between those in Yorkshire (using SSB somewhere around 71KHz) & those in South Wales (using FM somewhere around 27KHz). As I was only a lincensed amateur that turned up at a special event station & was allowed to operate the surface HF station(Yorkshire Dales)for a while, I am by no means qualified to give you any meaningful technical information with regard to any possible CAPOTA award scheme.

However, I think I somehow did manage to remember enough of the basic theory behind Cave radio to explain it to somebody who may be able to make use of it.

I seem to recall an article in Radcom, with a photo on the cover, of the very knowledgeable gentleman who I am certain was the very same gentleman who answered all my questions that day outside Whitescar cave. I only really remember the QE2 contact, but I am sure we must have attempted a “Cave to Cave” QSO with the South Wales group at some point.

All good fun :slight_smile:

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

May i ask you to make a SOTA flag with our traditionnal “CHICKEN” … ?
73 QRO

In reply to GW7AAV:
You didn’t answer … please !
73 QRO

In reply to F5LKW:

Should be better than the Lily flower close to the French flag…

73 Alain F6ENO

In reply to F6ENO:

Sorry Alain I did not see the posts before. I have it on my ‘to do’ list as I have had a couple of similar requests. I am about halfway through the associations but have had to give it a rest to do other things.

I thought of including a cockerel on a special logo for those that arrive on summits before breakfast. Any similarities to the Kellogg logo will be purely incidental ;0)

Please more SSB from the land of wine and garlic.

Best regards Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:
Thanks Steve for your work.
73 Roger

In reply to GW7AAV:

Hello Steve,

You did a real fine work about SOTA logos.
But, as said Roger, it should be better to see a cockerel on the french flag, because in France, the lily flower is a monarchy symbol (may be in Great Britain too ?) and you know what french guys did to some of our kings…:wink:

Now, abt SSB… well Steve, I will try to do better; I’m trying now to make some QSOs in digimodes (not very successfully), but always carrying my microphone. If my ears are rather good for CW, they are very bad for English langage.

CU soon … in SSB !

73 Alain F6ENO

Nice and fine work with logos, perhaps a logo for SM? I dont know what is typical for Sweden, mabye a Dalecarlian horse? or just do same as with Norway.

73 Chris SM5KRI