Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

SMS Spotter OE official launch

Hi Glenn,

I totally agree to your proposal. Pretty sure Andy @MM0FMF will update the FAQ page as he finds time.

And the SpotSMS should not be included because they use a different syntax. Again it is up to everyone which method to use.

73 Joe

Yes, probably this evening. I’m just sat in Lyon Airport waiting for the check-in to open. Wifi here is terrible but I have my 3G dongle with me. Best thing I’ve bought in years… I get almost unlimited data roaming on my phone but no tethering the laptop when roaming. A contract with tethering when roaming is a lot more money. So the PAYG dongle fills the gap. The best bit is if you run out of credit, you can still access the “buy more” webpage!

My apologies for the SMS Spot OE not working between 10th of October and 14th of October 2018
Needed a restart. Should be back online.

Joe

The delights of running a server from home! There again, mine sit on machines in data centres, the servers auto restart but my apps don’t :slight_smile:

14th of November 2018: SMS OE

No internet connection at my flat. Mostlikely the construction site in the building nearby destroyed the phone line. Will report back when it is back online. Expecting 1-3 days minimum…

UPDATE (16. Nov 2018): According to provider the DSL modem has died. New one is on the way.

UPDATE (23. Nov 2018): Unluckily my first though was confirmed today. Cable was cut and destroyed at construction site. I have ordered a LTE based Internet contract until the cable is fixed. Repair will probably take several weeks. Will keep you updated when the temporary solution is online.

73 Joe

UPDATE (28. Nov 2018) : Internet connection via LTE restablished.
UPDATE (28. Nov 2018) SPOTSMS OE it back online

Sorry to @OE7PHI and @OE8DIV
I have seen your spots in logfile. I hope your activation were successful anyhow!

Will keep you updated on any changes with the service

73 Joe

UPDATE (19. 01 2019) : Raspberry needed a restart. Now back online

@oe5akm: Alfred, jetzt geht es wieder. Entschuldige die gestrige Fehlfunktion.

Danke! War beunruhigt, jetzt ist alles klar.

73, Alfred, OE5AKM