RBNHole down?

I’m a militant Andrew fundamentalist. Andy’s the Lenin-y looking Scotsman :wink:

My preference would just be a dashboard that reports if RBNHole has seen RBN spots, is receiving them, and when it posted its last spot, available from SOTAWatch or something. Thus, if someone says, “hey, is RBNHole up?”, they can look it up themselves.

Hi Andrew (my apologies!), The solution you suggested sounds perfect – look it up if you want, prior to going out on an activation. de K7ZOO

Looks like RBNhole is down, as of 1854z 28 June 2017

The underlying database disappeared, for no apparent reason I can find, and failed to auto-restart. It is now back up, and RBN spots should start flowing over the next few minutes (assuming any are required)

Thanks!

It is working now!

Andrew,

Thanks for fixing it!

I activated two 12,000+ foot summits in the Lost Creek Wilderness today, and I only got spotted on half the bands I used to call CQ. The RBN did a beautiful job, but the Hole wasn’t there. I sensed it right away, but I have no way to tell what’s going on unless chasers tell me. At least two chasers said they would spot me, which told me there was a problem.

The RBN Hole has been doing a great job for a long time! I don’t even think about it - until today.

Thanks to all who spotted me! You saved the day!

George
KX0R