OE5 SOTA Day 2018

Our OE5 SOTA Day is over and it has been a huge success once again. The weather was fine with just a few clouds and temperatures of about 20°. Over 20 activators headed out to different summits, from 08:00 UTC on it was almost impossible to find a free QRG on 2m.

In the afternoon we gathered at Gasthof Mader for food and drinks. We heard short presentations about the brand new SMS-Spotter by Joe OE5JFE (he will post details soon here on the reflector), FT8 and SOTA by Jürg HB9BIN and a presentation of VK-port-a-log by Karl OE5JKL.

At the meeting Christian OE5HCE retired as OE/OO-Manager after 11 years and handed over the OE/OO-RM to me, Martin OE5REO. I would like to take the opportunity to thank Christian for the excellent job he did in the last eleven years as RM! It is mostly his achievement that we have such a huge SOTA community in OE5. I will do my best to keep up the good work in the future!

With Jürg HB9BIN and Jarek SP9MA there were once again international visitors attending the OE5 SOTA Day. A special thank you to these two OM’s for visiting our event.

After the official part and speeches were over we had a lot of time to discuss different SOTA topics in a nice atmosphere … time was flying with such enjoyable conversations. I’m already looking forward to the next OE5 SOTA Day in 2019.

73 Martin, OE5REO

8 Likes

Thank you very much to Sylvia and Peter for their guidness and hospitality.

Thanks to everyone I have a chance to meet on this great event.

Thanks for good job on frequencies, I logged a lot of S2S :wink:

It was very very nice SOTA day !!!

73 Jarek, SP9MA

4 Likes