More listening less calling

Hello Phil, they were for me in my RAE in 1983. Not sure now.

Brian may be off translating now… Brian - tip - my post was in Zulu.
Mike

Sarky beggar! Didn’t you yourself say that one of the guys you moaned about ignored QRS? He probably would have ignored “lento” too, but it would be worth trying. On yer bike!

Brian

Oh, and Phil, I can’t speak for 1981 but they were certainly taught in 1962, which is why I can still remember most of them! I imagine that most of the speed merchants also know them…

Exactly. If someone isn’t switched on to QRS then anything else is a waste of time. Smart ops when receiving QRS either send slower, slow their keyer down or S P A C E O U T the characters. It’s simply good operating. When machine gunned now and they don’t respond to QRS they get 599 73 TU. It gets them off my case and I can work the operators who listen. Life is too short for people who don’t listen.

Kwaba isiphakamiso labo ngeke ijubane!

Brian

Doesn’t that suggest to others that you can copy fast morse and encourage them to go fast, too?

Brian

prag·ma·tism (noun \ˈprag-mə-ˌti-zəm)

: a reasonable and logical way of doing things or of thinking about problems that is based on dealing with specific situations instead of on ideas and theories

Pragmatism, Brian. Try it. :wink:

Well, now you have really floored me - I have been criticised in the past for being TOO pragmatic, in a class on philosophy I was also criticised for being an empiricist (though I took it as a compliment!) So, think about this - no situation, no matter how specified, occurs in isolation. It makes waves and results from waves. You cannot ignore resultant waves, they will impinge on future actions. Your thinking, it seems to me, is too linear when dealing with the human element. Hence my comment above.

Brian

Did you pass?

It’s a good job you two know each other! :wink:

1 Like

I[quote=“MM0FMF, post:28, topic:9772”]
Did you pass?
[/quote]

I guess so, but I passed on some of the codswallop that they seem to take seriously so you could say that I took what I needed and passed on!

Brian

Its more fun with Andy if you give as good as you get!

Brian