Ham Radio Friedrichshafen SOTA Session

I can believe that - but the first time you don’t have it with you …
By the way, costs are reasonable for this 35 minute “cruise” at €17.10 return passenger ticket, even the car with driver “tagekarte” is only €35. I’d aim to take the 13:41 from Friedrichshafen returning on the 18:36 - to give 4 hours in Switzerland.

HB9 is part of Schengen agreement and that’s why you don’t need to show your passport. As long as I travel around Schengen I have my ID with me (credit card size) and if I go overseas it carry my passport as well.
But there is another caveat: HB9 is tax wise (VAT/Mehrwertsteuer) not part of the EU and you might have to pay import tax above a certain amount.
To FN I always take the ferry between Konstanz and Meersburg. It runs much more frequently: http://stadtwerke.konstanz.de/en/mobility/ferry-constance-meersburg/ticket-prices.html

73 de Dominik, HB9CZF

Hi Paul,
Checking the daily program on the HAM Radio website, this lecture is not listed as far as I can see:

Neither in the English

nor in the German version:

Have I missed it?

73 Ed.

Looking forward to the SOTA session.

The lecture has now been added to the programme and is listed on the website at:

or

73, Sylvia
OE5YYN

GREAT - it would be a shame if it wasn’t publicised to the general (ham) public attending at Friedrichshafen. I expect several will have heard of SOTA but after this presentation will go away and equip themselves for SOTA and similar schemes (WWFF etc.).

73 Ed.

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for the update on the list. Unfortunately I cannot be there.

I would very much like to be there because I would have liked to met Klaus and Gerald on the SDR stuff, and others. When I was beta testing PowerSDR for Flexradio I had contacts via Skype and email with Klaus-perhaps a beer for him another time. If you meet up please send my best wishes. Oh well… have a great time.

Cheers
Mike

probably I will see the meeting

73, Franz
OE5FSM

I will be at the Friday, 14.00h - Meeting too!

The traditional meeting at the QSL wall at noon is then obsolete, I assume…

Heinz, OE5EEP

I manage to find some holidays, so there @ Friedri will be 2 days of SOTA before the Ham Radio, on wednesday & thursday, some DM peaks around Friedrichshafen.
See you all @ Friedri & hope to copy you from DM activations!

Mike G6TUH: bad news for me if you cannot be there… but still on my list for YO SOTA Marathon 2015. Hope everything is OK for you.

The traditional meeting at the QSL wall at noon is then obsolete, I assume…

Heinz, OE5EEP

I would not think so Heinz. The last two years I have attended FFN the 12 noon SOTA meet-up took place on each of the three days irrespective of whether any SOTA lecture was on that day.

73 Ed.

Hi,

June/July difficult with dates etc. Will email you tomorrow. Should be ok for at least part of the Marathon :wink:
You to take care.
Cheers
Mike

Why not stick with the noon meetings? I am sure, apart from the Friday HB9-SOTA session SOTA participants are happy to have an “eyeball QSO” with each other. Also think of participants not able to arrive on Friday already.

So I will be at the QSL wall on Saturday and Sunday noon. On Friday I try to arrive just before 14:00.

73 de Michael, DB7MM

I also cannot join the SOTA session on Friday.

So I will go to the QSL wall on Saturday and Sunday.

Hope to meet many of you!

73 de Robert, DL4ROB

Unfortunately, due to some problems I can’t make it to Friedrichshafen :frowning:
I hope that some presentations will be made available online after.

Petronel
YO8SEP

Live at Friedrichshafen

3 Likes

This was a great SOTA session with a more than full auditorium and interesting presentations and discussions.

Thanks a lot to Juerg, HB9BIN and the other members of HB9SOTA - the Swiss SOTA Group for creating and organizing this event and sharing their experience. A big Thank You to Andy, MW0FMF, for giving some first-hand information from the SOTA management team.

Let’s meet again next year!

You mean “Next Year”?
I hope i can be there. Gerald F6HBI

Successful 1st SOTA Session at Ham Radio Friedrichshafen

On Friday at Ham Radio Friedrichshafen, HB9SOTA organized a meeting of SOTA enthusiasts. Far more than 100 people attended. We presented a number of interesting talks, led off by our guest of honor, Andy MM0FMF from the UK Management Team, who gave us an update on the latest associations we can expect to see online including JA and in South America. There were talks comparing popular antennas and rigs for SOTA, a discussion of Garmin BaseCamp for activators, and even an introduction to the 2015 YO Marathon in August of 2015.We were very gratified with the turnout and the response and hope that the same session will be organized next year by one of our sister associations in the region (DL/DM or OE).
Thank you so much for joining the Meeting
tks es 73 de HB9BIN, Jürg

3 Likes

Would a participant as kind as to post the conclusions of these presentations ?

Or maybe there is a chance to see some of the presentations slides, or a recording ?

1 Like