E-qsl

Well, I have absolutely no interest in the ARRL awards, so it’s not for me.
I have plenty of nice awards from SOTA and from eQSL; I am perfectly satisfied with these.

Walt (G3NYY)

The only computer copy of my SOTA logs resides on the SOTA Awards database. After each SOTA activation, I type my log - line by line - directly into the database online.

Walt (G3NYY)

1 Like

You all know that I like eQSL a lot … it’s a nice way to “confirm” a QSO without any additional cost …
Tell me how many of your paper cards you are really using for submitting an award ?

I load my eQSLs in a Digital Photoframe en let it continiously run in my shack … much more fun than thousands of cards in albums and shoeboxes …

I’m activating very often WWFF references and you can see how I handle it on my OT4V QRZ.com page …

On www.on4vt.be I made a seperate page for SOTA eQSL cards … I like them to receive !

73 Danny ON4VT OT4V

Danny,
You should have a few more from me in a few days.
Just catching up with log housekeeping :smile:
Pete

I’ve used eQsl for a number of years & find it an easy system to use except for one frustration - the need to register different prefix/suffixes as separate call signs.

To be honest I partly regret registering a /p call sign as not everyone bothers & I sometimes receive eQsls without the suffix for a portable contact I’ve made which messes the whole thing up a tad.

Rant over…it’s still easier that printing & posting cards!

The way how to make different cards for different activations : http://pe4bas.blogspot.co.at/2014/10/how-to-setup-multiple-accounts-in-eqsl.html

I like to help everyone with making a nice looking layout ! Just send me a mail at dannyATon4vt.be

73 Danny ON4VT OT4V

Hi Walt - who needs that - the SOTA database does that with the confirmed QSO feature. Whoops sorry Karl, wandering off for that meat pie (which don’t exist in southern bavaria by the way!) again.

73 Ed.

1 Like

Hi Danny,
I did something similar for the Central Coast AR club in NSW Australia when I was a member there - QSL cards received (either eQSL or Paper) go up on the website as a slide show - see www.ccarc.org.au
73 Ed.

I hope theirs is more accurate than ours! :wink:

As far as I understand it, it is also dependant upon both parties dilligently entering their data. No difference. The system is only as accurate at the data input to it!

Keep up the fantastic work you do please Andy - it IS appreciated! Ed.

It’s got 2 things wrong: it’s computationally expensive to perform and architecturally weak. Apart from that it does a fine job!