Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Current propagation conditions (Some light at the End of the Tunnel?)

Being myself currently able to chase several european activators and even some activators from North American East coast from time to time with just 5 watts and an endfed random wire antenna in my balcony, I’d dare to say that the tunnel is not that dark yet.
My feel is we haven’t yet achieved the bottom of the curve and I’d guess it will happen sometime next year or even a bit later, as I believe the last maximum occurred around 2013 and we should expect the minimum around 5.5 years later. Let’s say around 2018-19.

Guru

At last, this might be the long awaited light at the end of the tunnel: Belgian STCE predicts the solar minimum, namely the begin of cycle 25, for Summer 2018. :metal::sunglasses::metal:
http://www.stce.be/newsletter/pdf/2018/STCEnews20180208.pdf

Ahoi
Pom

Hi Pom,

Great to hear the revised end of the Solar Cycle

But get on 20m NOW!

I’m listening to a Canadian calling a SOTA activator in DL. Earlier heard EA9 (Ceuta), Russia and Sweden, like they were next door and US, VK & JA stations at 55/56!

73 Ed.

Don’t be too optimistic, Ed. They only say the end was nigh. :wink:
Anyway this news made my day.

Ahoi
Pom

The first solar storm of the next Solar cycle was spotted last Novemeber I believe (I think they know it didn’t belong to this cycle by the fact it was rotating in the other direction?). So another 3 years before the new soalr cycle starts … I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Nothing wrong with being optimistic though!

Solar Cycle 25 to start on March 10th. 2018 - SFI 145 and K 0 coinciding with the SOTA EU-VK/ZL S2S event … Now I’m dreaming!

73 Ed.

Blockquote Solar Cycle 25 to start on March 10th. 2018 - SFI 145 and K 0 coinciding with the SOTA EU-VK/ZL S2S event

subscribe