Bogus spots - do we need annotations instead?

In reply to G0AZS:

In reply to GW7AAV:

Hi Steve… pardon my ignorance… where is the IRC you are using?

Thanks… Marc GØAZS

here is a link for it…
http://www.visualirc.net/download.php?name=2.0

M3PXW Barry

In reply to G0AZS:

Steve wrote in a previous post:

There is an SOTA IRC channel and it was well supported for a while, but it seems there are only two of us using it theses days. It shows the spots as well.
Log on to irc.blitzed.org:7000 Channel #sota
I use McGalith’s Visual IRC 2.0

If you Google IRC there is lots of info on what it is and how to use it. Google is your friend.

Richard

In reply to G3CWI:
Google is your friend. Isn’t this the stock answer on UKAR ?
Yes Google is great if you get the search criteria correct - for instance ‘Internet relay Chat’ would be better than IRC and cut out ‘International Rescue Committee’ , ‘Innovation relay centres’ and ‘International water and sanitation centre’. Like everything else to do with computers you really need to know the answer before you ask the question.

GIGO Richard (or is that Stig) dididahdahdidi

. . . … Sorry just thinking before posting :slight_smile:

Tongue in cheek, Roger G4OWG, who really must get away from this keyboard and onto a summit !

In reply to G4OWG:

Try it. The first three hits for IRC on Google are all you need.

Richard

In reply to G3CWI:

… and I always thought that IRC stood for International Reply Coupon !!

How out-of-date am I ?

73 de Les, G3VQO

Just trying out the chat channel… but no-one in there seems awake. I guess you all know who you are :slight_smile:

Any chance you might see this and let me know if I’ve configured things OK and it’s working. (i.e. you can see what I type)

Thanks… Marc GØAZS

In reply to G0AZS:

Hi Marc,
I am working nights so when I get home I will log into IRC and stay connected all day. If you log in and send something I will check and let you know if you are sending okay. Just send hello or something, if you can do it about 08:00 local this morning (14th) I should be on. If not I will post if I have seen you, but hopefully someone else will reply.

Regards Steve GW7AAV