6m FM, CW & SSB this evening

…and FT8, but probably not FM!

Conditions are reported to have been up today, so I’ll get to The Cloud G/SP-015 a bit earlier tonight to do a bit of FT8 before the main UKAC.

Any other SOTA activators planning on being out on 6m tonight?

For 25 minutes I was frustrated that I didn’t get any replies on 6m FT8 despite the band activity window being full of stations from across Europe - and even the occasional US station being received on The Cloud G/SP-015! Then I spotted my issue - the 817 was set to USB and not the required DIG mode when using an interface connected to the rear DATA DIN socket! I changed the mode and immediately worked a DL station on 6m…

In the contest, I made a sluggish 56 QSOs, but an E’s opening in the final hour brought in SM, OH and LA. There was a couple of TF stations, very loud, but too near the end of the contest for my 5 watts to stand any chance of getting through the pile-up.

1 Like

Thanks for the CW QSO Tom. I Only managed one station outside the UK, SM2A in KP04NP.

73, Phil.

2 Likes

I heard you calling but there were far to many trying to get in on the action.
I was/P last night, but not on a SOTA
6M is new to me and I found it very good at times, yet frustrating at other times.

1 Like

After seeing your RBN spot from Iceland on 50.096 MHZ CW I went on to find you Tom, think you may have changed modes as it was 10 minutes after the spot. Surprised to find some CW activity in the activity contest and worked G0UUU/P, G0LBK/P, G4RRA (Devon) and G3TBK from 2044z-2050z.

A day without working The Cloud G/SP-015 for me…

73 Phil G4OBK

2 Likes

Yes, my 6m CW QSO count was easily into double figures last night! It was one of those nights with enough to keep you interested for 2.5 hours that you don’t really feel the cold! More of the same in June please!

2 Likes