ZL and VK expedition in July/August 2017

147.150 + 600, 91.5T is a good repeater in and around Sydney. Someone will normally answer you if you call. 1273.00 +20MHz is at the same site (Chatswood) in Sydney and is also usually monitored.

You wont see much snow unless you go to the Victorian, or NSW Alps and their associated ski fields. If your lucky you may see a dusting of snow that wont last a day or 2 at most in the Blue Mountains W of Sydney. If you want to see snow then I can recommend Mt Hotham in Victoria. There is a lodge there that is run by one of our resident Mountain Goats. Brian will set you up good and proper for a lifetime of activations amongst 10 pointers with 3 winter bonus points.

Send me an email and we can figure stuff out re when you are in Sydney.

Compton
VK2HRX

Well I’m not sure now but some years ago I did help Dannii Minogue load the boot of her car with Items from IKEA Croydon. The contents of which was an interesting insight in to the life of a soap/pop star.

John,

I believe that the Aldi Mobile service is based on the Telstra network. Some have reported that the Aldi service works well at a cheaper price than the host. I have been considering making the change myself, but have not yet taken then plunge. Find an Aldi Supermarket to purchase the SIM. The closest to Tullamarine (MEL) airport is in Airport West. Good luck!

Peter VK3PF

@VA7JBE Hi John. How did you got on at Rangitoto today? Feel free to join us on facebook search zl-sota group there were a few looking for you hoping you would pop up on HF. Hope you are enjoying ZL :slight_smile:

Hi Warren! Rangitoto was excellent, despite the lack of action on 2m (no surprises there.) I’ll be heading south towards Wellington in the next couple of days, then off to the South island for a few weeks before coming back up to the North Island in the last part of August. My schedule is still pretty flexible, save for a week of skiing with friends out of Wanaka between August 6-13. I have mountaineering equipment but my ski gear is still being sorted out.

I’ll get in touch with the local group on the FB group or by email. Looking forward to knocking off some summits with you!

Cheers,
John

Look forward to it John. My email is warren@zl2aj.com.