Zero Beat and 7300's ?

They’ve sold surprisingly well.

Having some of the first sold ones used on some DXpeditions didn’t do the sales any harm.

Ron
VK3AFW.

1 Like

We (my contest group) used a 7300 on VHF FD this year. We’ve used an FT847 for years for the 6m/4m exciter with some outboard PAs. But sadly the 847 has gone somewhat senile and doesn’t remember what it was doing. This year we used a 7300 in the restricted section (100W 6m, 50W 4m). We didn’t have the big Yagi this year, just some baby 6ele beams. That didn’t stop us winning our class on 6m and coming 2nd in class on 4m. It helped we were in the best place for the Es opening working 3800km QSOs into TA and 5B4 etc. on 6m

The 7300 was simple to use, easy to listen to for hours. We used a modified HP computer server PSU that provided 13.6V @ 50A. PSU hardly got warm. The combo worked well, no VHF sprogs from the PSU heard and people said we had a nice signal.

If I didn’t already have a house full of radios I’d buy one. But not till I’ve bought myself a 705 first.

1 Like

We bought 8 of them in 2017 for use at 9N7EI, followed thereafter by 7Q7EI and 5V7EI , they have performed flawlessly and I have no doubt will continue to do so when we kick off DXpeditoning again next year. Paired with Acom 1010’s have found a winning combination I think.

Dec
ei6fr

2 Likes

Ah yeah, my Swan 500 days drifting around the bands…HI HI My good friend wb6rvr use to say, here comes ed…there goes ed whilst drifting in and out of QSO’s

GL/73

3 Likes

Not compulsory! I sold mine after a few months and bought a used K3 and have not regretted it one bit.

3 Likes