YO2MSB Sorin

Congratulations Sorin on achieving MG after seven years journey to this point!
Well done.
Mike

7 Likes

Hi Sorin,Good to work you on your MG achievement.Have a good day.73 Don G0RQL.

1 Like

Great news Sorin, hope to work you again soon.

Neil

1 Like

congratulations sorin on achieving MG …

73 martin, oe5reo

1 Like

Congratulations Sorin. Already last month we knew this was about to happen. Amazing that you had the patience to postpone the actual celebrations until the YO SOTA Marathon.

73, Hans PB2T

1 Like

Congratulations Sorin on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Guys, we are having a blast on the YO SOTA Marathon. Sorin also used on his activation a 1974 Czech military radio on 50MHz FM as Pedestrian Mobile and we had S2S with him using an identical radio on another summit. Here’s him goofing around as a true Goat :slight_smile:

Big thanks to OK1BIL for bringing the radios.

6 Likes

Has Sorin been made to eat grass yet :wink: ? I thought he started the tradition…

Anyway, congratulations!

Vy 73, Sylvia

2 Likes

Hi Sylvia and all,
I wouldn’t eat grass unless it’s well clean, as there’s a risk of eating tapeworm eggs. Not nice at all…

Guru

Very congrats Sorin for your MG.
I’m still half way to it… :sweat_smile:

Guru

1 Like

Nothing wrong with Romanian grass. Hope to see Sorin’s photo soon.

3 Likes

Way to go, Sorin!!!
Hope the SOTA Marathon is going well and the wx is cooperating.
Paul HB9DST

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I was really impressed to see all your comments after three days without access to internet. Tnx you all for your kind words, I didn’t expect this. :blush:
Seven years ago I started (without wanting to do that) this continuing adventure called SOTA. It takes me a lot of time to achieve the MG status due to the very limited free time, usually on weekends or on holidays. During all these years I didn’t think too much about this title which now makes me happy, but lately I’ve managed to do something more to get it.
It was a unique moment on Monday morning, going to my favourite summit YO/WC-001 together with the oldest activator in YO (Csaba YO6PIB - we start approx. in the same time), and knowing that in the evening I will celebrate together with the friends from the YO SOTA Marathon.
What’s next? Just pure fun, no more running for the points. And a lot of ham radio testings during the activations, different antennas, transceivers, bands and modes. My favourite way to spend the little amount of leisure moments in my life.
Now I will respond to all the messages here above:
Mike G6TUH: Dear old friend, you made my day performing the fourth QSO of the activation. You was the chaser that qualifies me as a Mountain Goat. Tnx for all these years and all the activations when you was like an other member of the activation team, posting us on cluster and listening all the activation up to its end.
G0RQL: Dear Don, I always expect to hear your modulation coming out at 5/9, thank you too for being one of my best chasers. Without you, the chasers and all your effort to hear us even in difficult conditions, our activations would have been impossible.
M0WBG: Dear partner for activations, wish you to become like me, a MG a.s.a.p. And hope to make again some activations with you, it was a real fun with you on G/SP.
OE5REO: Tnx a lot Martin, hope to offer you a beer (from Goat to Goat) next year at Friedrichshafen, where we meet every year near the QSL Wall.
PB2T: Dear friend Hans, I was hoping to have a QSO with you on the qualifying summit. And it was the way I wanted, even with the strong QRM. Speaking about patience, every single moment of the qualifying day was worth waiting a month only to do this inside the YO SOTA Marathon. I had the occasion to do another summit in DM/BW in July before Friedrichshafen, but I preferred to stay with those 997 points until the perfect moment.
M0HGY: Mny tnx dear MG Jimmy, maybe will have an occasion to activate together in the future.
YO9IRF: those 50MHz military transceivers really impressed me with the BBC quality of the audio. We managed to work without problems a S2S with only 1W, a small whip on the top of the rig, between the highest summits in YO/WC, 50 km between them. And yes, it was a Pedestrian Mobile activation and the feeling is impossible to describe: walking on the summit and doing QSO’s with a very special rig. You should try yourself this along this week!
OE5YYN: Dear Sylvia, of course I chewed some grass from the summit! I offered to Csaba YO6PIB the occasion for revenge, after I made him eating grass two years ago. It was a plate full of grass, decorated with basil and flowers. Tasty! :laughing:
EA2IF: Tnx dear Guru, wish you to goofing like a goat soon. And don’t worry about eating grass - it’s not worse than eating raspberries directly from the bush.
HB9DST: Dear friend, I think this year’s Marathon is the biggest, with 3 different teams activating in the same time from different summits. I looked to the cluster today and it was full of YO spots, nice to see that. Speaking about the weather, after a very problematic weekend with powerful thunderstorms, we had until now almost NO problem with the rain, and it will be the same all the week. Tnx for the wishes!

3 Likes

Erm… Sylvia, here you have the evidence that I was treated exactly as a Goat should be fed: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I see, they even put some “flowery” spices on top ;-)!
Hope you enjoyed it :sunglasses:

73, Sylvia

1 Like

We had a lot of fun, all the evening, and I must thank every member of the team for the special moments they offered to me.

1 Like