WW WPX CW contest this weekend

I was ‘short wave listening’ this week and I heard someone mention a contest. I looked it up on the internet and it is the CQ Magazine WW WPX CW contest from 0000utc Sat to 2359 utc Sunday, this weekend on all HF bands (WARC excluded of course).

I have pushed my activation for this weekend back to Monday (glad it’s a bank holiday this weekend!).

Just thought this info might be useful to potential activators/ chasers this weekend as the bands will be pretty crowded with lots of strong signals. Of course SSB, should actually be quieter if the ‘big guns’ are using CW instead!

73 Colin M0CGH

Should actually make it very quick and easy to qualify on 80m CW simply by answering 4 contesters!

In reply to M1EYP:
Good point!

Will my 1.5W be heard though? (if it is I’m sure it’ll be 599 :wink: )

Colin

Contests bring with them remarkable propagation conditions, where the 2m, 6m, 10m and 15m bands suddenly open up and QRP stations can get heard on HF - with 599 sigs of course!

In reply to M0CGH:
M0 ? 599 pse agn call es rpt :slight_smile:

de G4OWG

In reply to M0CGH:
I will be QRV in WPX CW on 80m - any callers with QRS will be answered at their speed and with a realistic signal report!
73 de Cris
GM4FAM

In reply to GM4FAM:
It was good to work some of you SOTA boys in WPX - thanks to 2E0OOO and GX0OOO (Roy G4SSH), Andy F5UKL, Mike EI2CL and Geoff G4CPA for the calls.
Hope I have not forgotten anyone (still brain dead after much QRV!).

73 de Cris
GM4FAM

We were allowed to use OO3 prefix a couple of years ago. I got my own pile-up. When I called with my usual ON3 prefix, I was very lonely on the bands.

Same goes for contests, one call on a crowded band and you get a reply. When you call on a normal day at normal traffic: very lonely again :o)

Peter