Wrong reference. WS-170

i gave the wrong reference today. I was on Beinn Mhic Chasgaig WS-140 but kept giving WS-170. I’m not sure, maybe early onset senility or exhaustion from having climbed up the Allt Choire Ghiubhasan. I wrote WS-140 on the map and on the log. Then sent WS-170. :frowning:

Correct reference WS-140 not WS-170

Conditions were poor so only Messrs. G4ZRP, GM7PKT/p, G4DDL, G4ELZ, G3RDQ, G3RMD, G4SSH, Dl7KVD & DL6KVA need to update their logs.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Things aren’t as bad as you thought Andy. You gave me the correct reference.

Conditions weren’t much better in VHF.
At least the weather was ideal for being out on the hill :slight_smile:

Robin, GM7PKT.

In reply to GM7PKT:

Conditions weren’t much better in VHF.

Ah, that must be the reason you couldn’t hear me Robin. Mind you, neither could Jack on Stuchd an Lochain GM/CS-032. Did ya nae hear the sassenach on the frequency?

Perhaps I should stop being so lazy and change the beam to vertical polarisation. I think you’d have heard me then. :slight_smile:

73, Gerald G4OIG
GM4OIG/P on GM/SS-228 26th August 2012

In reply to G4OIG:
Were you out there then? Now if I wasn’t so lazy to just run vertical polarisation it would have made all the difference - hi!

Interestingly, I had some stronger local contacts on 20M ground wave than 2M and that’s my 1/4 raised vertical GP for 20 v 5/8th over 2 x 1/4 GP for 2. Just goes to show!

Jack (;>J

Ah, that must be the reason you couldn’t hear me Robin. Mind you,
neither could Jack on Stuchd an Lochain GM/CS-032. Did ya nae hear the
sassenach on the frequency?

I did hear you Gerald - in QSO with GM4GUF/p. (both good signals)
But when you finished, you QSY’d to ??? so quickly that I missed you.
Didn’t hear a thing on 70 cms.

Robin, GM7PKT.

In reply to GM4COX:

Were you out there then?

Aye, but running mainly 2m SSB as usual. I need to find some way of facilitating a quick polarisation change without taking the beam off the pole as the HF antenna is usually positioned above it.

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to GM7PKT:

Pity that we missed out on the QSO Robin - I did announce a move down a couple, meaning that I was dropping down from .450 to .400, but didn’t stay longer than two or three CQ calls as we had a date with a couple more summits - as usual. Hopefully manage a contact the next time that Paul and I sneak through passport control. :slight_smile:

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to MM0FMF

Andy,

I thought it was me going senile! I checked my log and found no asterisk so I checked your log for the day and found i had the ref wrong. I don’t usually mess up CW numbers (apart from the odd typo) - only about 10 errors in a 1000 QSOs in CQWW- so assumed I had gone senile and corrected my log.

I was VERY pleased to see your message and discover that at the ripe old age of 63 I still can read CW OK :wink:

many thanks for the QSO and another new Unique

Mike G4DDL