Wrong ref. EA3HP/P on 19/Aug/2018

Hello,
today I have spoken with Daniel, EA3HP, who is far from home with little internet coverage.

He did a SOTA activation last Sunday, 19th August 2018 and gave a wrong reference:

He announced and was spotted as being on EA3/LL-029, while he was in EA3/LL-091

Please chasers, correct your logs on the database.

He told me as well to have worked S2S with YO9IPF/P and Daniel also gave him the wrong reference.

Very sorry for the inconveniences of this mistake.

73 de Ignacio

BU

Muchas gracias Ignacio, un error mayusculo espero sea la ultima vez, cuando estas arriba a la cumbre, y la verdad son nombres parecido,aqui el error,y te das cuenta ,al regreso y con mi track ,con las coordenades no fallan,asi disculpar a los corresponsales sorry
See you later
EA3HP
Daniel

This message is in English (top) and in Spanish (bottom)
Este mensaje está en inglés (arriba) y en español (abajo)

English version:
Hi Daniel,
Nearly all of us have made the mistake of giving in error a wrong SOTA summit.
It happened to me last July 19th. I wrote a general message in this Reflector and several corrected their logs, but not many others. Then I opened my activation log in the database and clicked on the button imagen at the upper part of the page.
There I could see all the callsigns of the colleagues having uploaded their logs but they still had the wrong reference. I noted their callsigns and searched for them one by one on the Reflector by typing each of their callsigns in the box imagen
which opens after clicking on the magnifying glass you’ll see at the upper right corner imagen
Upon writing each callsign, a window will pop up showing all the threads in which the searched callsing is written and in case he/she is a registered user of the Reflector, he/she will be at the bottom of this window. Avatar, callsign and full name.
imagen
This is what I got after searching for EA3HP.
If you clic on the avatar, a new window will open in which you’ll be able to clic on imagen to write a Personal Message to that colleague.

Proceeding this way I wrote a Personal Message to each of the Reflector registered users who had not yet corrected the reference in their logs.
With this action, some more corrected the error.
But not all were registered in the Reflector, so there were some who surely didn’t read my general message in the Reflector informing about the error and it wouldn’t be possible for me to write them a Personal Message.
Then I looked them up one by one on QRZ.com, found their e-mail addresses and I wrote them an e-mail.
It was quite a lot of work, but it was my fault, I made the mistake, so it was me who had to suffer the hardest consequences of it by working hard to communicate to all.
Up to date, all have corrected the wrong reference in the databse except a Swiss colleague with whom I haven’t been able to contact because he is not registered in the Reflector and his QRZ.com page doesn’t show his e-mail address.

This is HB9BHU according to QRZ.com:

Should some of you reading this know him and be able top contact him to let him know this problem, I’ll be very grateful.
I hope this will be of help to many who make this mistake.

Guru

========================================================================

Versión española:
Hola Daniel:
A casi todos nos ha pasado esto de pasar por error una referencia SOTA incorrecta.
A mí me ocurrió el pasado 19 de julio. Escribí un mensaje general en este Reflector y varios corrigieron sus logs, pero muchos no. Entonces abrí el log de mi activación en la base de datos e hice clic en el botón imagen de la parte superior de la página.
Ahí pude ver todos los indicativos de los colegas que habían cargado su log pero todavía tenían la referencia incorrecta. Anoté sus indicativos y los busqué uno por uno en el Reflector tecleando cada uno de sus indicativos en la ventana imagen
que se abre al hacer clic en la lupa que verás en la parte superior derecha imagen
Al escribir un indicativo saldrá una ventana con una lista de hilos de discusión en los que aparezca su indicativo y si está registrado como usuario del Reflector, aparecerá además en la parte inferior de esta ventana. Avatar, indicativo y nombre completo.
imagen
Esto es lo que me sale al buscar EA3HP.
Si haces clic en el avatar, se te abrirá una nueva ventana en la que podrás hacer clic en imagen para enviar un mensaje personal (PM = Personal Message) a ese colega.

Haciendo esto escribí un mensaje personal a todos y cada uno de los usuarios registrados en el Reflector que no habían corregido todavía la referencia en su log.
Con esta acción, varios más corrigieron el error.
Pero no todos estaban registrados en el Reflector, así que hubo algunos que es seguro que no leyeron mi mensaje general en el Reflector informando del error y no me sería posible escribirles un mensaje personal.
Entonces les busqué uno por uno en QRZ.com, averigüé su dirección e-mail y les escribí un e-mail.
Fue bastante trabajo, pero fue mi culpa, yo hice el error, así que yo tuve que sufrir las peores consecuencias de ello trabajando duro para comunicar con todos.
A día de hoy, todos han corregido la referencia en la base de datos excepto un colega de Suiza con quien no he podido contactar porque no está registrado en el Reflector ni aparece su dirección e-mail en QRZ.com.

Este es HB9BHU según QRZ.com:

Si algún colega que lea esto le conoce y puede contactar con él, le estaré muy agradecido.
Espero que esto sirva de ayuda a muchos que cometen este mismo error.

Guru

1 Like