What makes SOTA better than other portable operating award schemes?

Oh, please not. Such “Mine is b… than yours”-discussions are too enlightening in all respects.

Isn’t “better” here more a matter of taste and how different offers fit to different needs and possibilities? A Mercedes may be a “better” car but not better than car XY for a certain person. Like with contests - different programs have different flavours and pros&cons. In the end despite all advertisement the consumer decides which bread, bullet or dust he bites.

“Better” leave now :wink:

Chris DL8MBS

Hi Paul,
I don’t believe I have attacked other schemes. My intent was to make people think abut how good SOTA is. I agree I might have worded the title a little less provatively but then I probably wouldn’t have got the attention that this post has received.

Saying something is “better” (in one’s own opinion of course) than other scheme’s is not attacking other schemes. If I had said that “this and that” doesn’t work in scheme ABCD, that would have been attacking the ABCD award scheme. (I hope there isn’t an ABCD award scheme by the way, I just made this up).

73 Ed.