What is SOTA coming to."another contest"

Of course that is the ultimate deterrent, the chaser not getting his or her valuable asterisk, but perhaps those that operate in a less than considerate manner don’t really care about that.

We have had the debate before about whether or not it is better for the activator to work the troublesome chaser and get him / her off the frequency or to “weather the storm” that these operators create. My attitude is usually to work them and then review whether they get into the log or not later when the dust has settled.

There is no excuse for being inconsiderate.

73, Gerald G4OIG

P.S. I say him / her, to be P C, but I have never experienced any issues from lady operators. :smiley:

Working troublesome operators to get rid of them is asking for more trouble. I always soldier on with what I’m trying to do and work people in turn. But once the troublesome operator has been worked, they are in the log, whatever I may think of them. I’m not comfortable with the concept of making the on-air QSO but then subjectively excluding them from the log.

I have to agree, Tom. Working but not logging them seems pretty underhand to me, better to not work them in the first place despite their disruption.

Brian

Not as though I have ever exercised this option! If you aren’t in my log, then that is because you more than likely haven’t worked me. I have had several emails from chasers that have asked whether I have made an error in my log as their call doesn’t appear in it. A couple have been an error on my part, but mainly I have worked someone else and not them.

Nothing at all underhanded about not logging them - if they have called in as /QRP and they are clearly not by their own unsolicited admission, then they get removed from my log. Generally I will comment that the contact has not been logged and that they need to read up on what constitutes QRP.

Whether I am activating or running a pileup, I will usually bring in /QRP, /P or /M callers and object to thos who take unwarranted advantage of that. At other times it is easier just to work through the pileup from strongest to weakest - although there have been a number of times that I have ignored some callers due to their behaviour.

Matt
VK1MA