Welsh Marches Tour Day 1 & 2 Blog

Hi Guys the Blog for Day 1 and Day 2 of my recent Welsh Marches Tour is now available here. Day 3 to follow soon.

73 Glyn

3 Likes

Hello Glyn!
Nice report and Images.
Good thing you had 2mt with you… otherwise :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

73 Roberto

Hi Glyn

A very interesting read there, I have enjoyed reading your other reports over the past couple of days, you have done a great job with that page, it’s full of useful information for those looking to activate a great number of summits, well done.

I heard you work the s2s with Adrian, he & I have worked a number of times, but unfortunately on that occasion I could not hear him well enough to attempt a contact, sorry Adrian, hope to catch you again soon.

It was a pleasure to chase you around those 5 shropshire summits & I have to say that having worked others doing the same combination of hills you were really making good time, very impressive s2s times.

I had planned to catch you on the Wrekin on day one but Sunday lunch with the inlaws ran over & I was too late to catch you, & on the final day I had a number of appointments that kept me out of the shack all day, ho-hum, but it looks like you had a great time on the hills & it’s always a bonus when the weather is so nice.

Thanks for the great write up & I hope to work you again soon.

Neil

Hi Glyn, nice report with some good info for future activations.
Nice to work you from Heath Mynd. That was an activation to remember, as I managed to descend a different route to my ascent, mising the XYL on the way. She had decided not to summit, prefering to catch the sun on the lower grass slopes.
Looks like I just missed you at Stiperstones the following day. I was not activating, but out for a walk with non-radio friends.
weather for the weekend was great.

73…Stuart

Hi Glyn

I enjoyed reading your blog, and glad it all went well. Thank you for the S2S, from our logs it looks as though I missed you for another on Corndon by about 10 minutes. doh.

Hi Neil - I could just hear you working Glyn too, but I’m sure we will catch up again soon.

Adrian