Welcome to SOTA for M6IMN

Worked Simon (M6IMN/P) as he did his first ever SOTA activation this afternoon from G/WB-005, just like to say welcome to him & great to have a new activator close to my home QTH, also heard him work Mike 2E0YYY directly after my contact & a number of others, so a successful first activation for him.

So very well done Simon & welcome to SOTA, look forward to working you again soon.

Neil
M6NSV

7 Likes

Hello Simon. Many thanks for QSO today. Welcome to SOTA, You made a fine job of activating G/WB-005. as your first one. May there be very many more. I hope to hear you again soon.
Best wishes, 73 de Paul M0CQE.

G0FEX
Hi Simon
Welcome to SOTA, like yourself I am a relative newcomer, but really enjoy the chase & activation, bad news is I need to travel further afield to do more activating.
Have fun but most important enjoy.
Cheers Ken

Hello Simon
Welcome to SOTA.
I hope that we’ll meet on a S2S, one day.
Good luck!
André f5ukl

Hello and welcome to SOTA! A couple of years ago I did my first activation and have not looked back since. There are a lot of very knowledgable and friendly people in the SOTA community who helped me along the way and they will you too. Enjoy and hope to work you soon.

73s
Martin, M0JEA

I worked Si as well…possibly his first contact as he heard me calling CQ SOTA from Yr Aran on Friday just as he was setting up.
Nice to start your SOTA career with a summit to summit!

Michael (G0POT)

1 Like

Hi
I just wanted to say a big thank you for all your very kind comments in welcoming me to Sota.

I had a really great time activating my first summit on Pole Bank, the sun was out and life was good.

Here is to many more contacts with you all in the very near future.

Just a quick question though…
What would be the most appropriate logging software to log Sota contacts, I’m not sure if QRZ.com & Ham Radio Delux are the best as fields are automatically filled with home stations and not so good if call signs are /P or /M.

Thanks again

Si M6IMN

Log4OM has direct SOTA support. I have not used it but it has a loyal following. Some of the support team also monitor here and will respond if you need support via PM or email.

There are other programs available, that one is the one that springs to mind immediately.