Weekend trip to the Voss mountains

This weekend i will take my radio and my dog for an overnight trip to the Voss mountains.
I will visit LA/HL-067 on Saturday most likely around noon Norwegian time (UTC+2) and LA/HL-065 Mykeltveitveten on Sunday. About the same time of day.

I have not done much HF work lately for several reasons and just wanted to ask anyone that have been paying attention to the band conditions lately what bands are most likely to be open at that time. In guessing 40 and maybe 20 if I’m lucky for European contacts.

Will be using an KX3 10-15w and I’m bringing both an twin lead feed 2x20m dipole and an 31m long endfed antenna. (with radials) and an 10m mast.

And if someone is bored Saturday evening I’m most likely looking for some ragchew once I have my tarp up.

LA4TTA

Hi Erlend,
I think that with your setup you will able to manage some qso in 20 and 40mt ssb/psk31, they may be affected by qsb. In the latest day the prop. was weak
Anyway I will try to contact you.
good luck!

where will you sleep? In Voss Camping near a lake? I was there some years ago, beautiful place!!

de IW2OBX Roberto

Hi
That looks like a very nice area.
I’ve done quite a few activations over the last week, all on 20, and at different times of the day. It should work fine for you as well. On Wednesday I got DX contacts in NA, JA and Middle east on 20, but that was around 1600z, with lots of QRN from thunderstorms.

Are you going to do SSB or CW? I might be going to a SOTA activation not too far from you, so it could be fun to try for a S2S withtin Norway.

73 de LB4FH / Kjetil