Webmon Issues

I thought this was worth a new thread.

JZF wrote:

At the moment I now seem to be getting a posting from WEBMON every
minute now whereas it was not happening before earlier on this morning
even allowing for the postings.

This is almost certainly because of the reflector now showing how old the latest post is. Hoopefully you can persuade webmon to ignore this because I think the extra info on the reflector list definately adds value.

Let me know how you get on.

73, Jon

I noticed the same effect. I have instructed WebMon to stop checking at “10 most recently updated topics shown”, which seems to have cured the problem. I still get all changes to the Spots and Alerts data, but no update if the Reflector information changes. This also addresses Richard’s concern that any conversations on the Reflector would keep triggering WebMon.

Now, if I can just get rid of those annoying VHF spots … :wink:

73 de Les, G3VQO

I have now done the same Les eventually and have now got the same result as you . Shame it leaves out the reflector update.

OK, I’ve done some work on this.

I’ve downloaded Webmon for the first time and had a play. I have put at the end of each page a webmon ‘snippet’ which looks like this:

If you set Webmon to start at ‘webmonBegin’ and end at one of the next three points then it work:

webmonEndSpots - if you want to be notified on only spots

webmonEndAlerts - if you want spots and alerts

webmonEndReflector OR End of Page - if you want spots, alerts & reflector posts.

Have a try and let me know how it goes.

73, Jon

OK Jon

I’ve selected to start at “webmonBegin” and to stop at “webmonEndAlerts”. I’ll let you know how it goes.

73 de Les, G3VQO

I have now set mine for end of reflector. Webmon is not coming up every minute now so all seems okay with what you have done Jon.
Many thanks

I can concur. My settings are doing just what you intend. Thank you.

73 de Les