WB Report

In reply to M0YDH:

Conclusion - CW is very hard. I’ll keep trying.

Please do David. It gets easier the more times you do it. I still have the occasional “bad CW” day and I have been doing it for over 30 years. CW opens up whole new world of radio communications and will provide you with a lifetime of satisfying radio contacts.

Richard
G3CWI

PS I am jealous of your proximity to the WBs. They remain my favourite set of summits. It’s just a shame that the Welsh have stolen WB-001.

Conclusion - CW is very hard…

You’ve made a valid contact as a SOTA activator. You’re 90% of the way there, therefore. Do it again, soon. You will find the improvement comes rapidly from now on.

Congratulations.

Tom M1EYP

PS - Richard - was it not the English that stole it from the Welsh, or were claiming it under false pretences in the first place?

In reply to M0YDH:

Glad to make the contact David. You actually peaked 579. Keep up with the cw and we will work again soon.

Reg G3WPF

In reply to M0YDH:

Well done on the CW QSOs David. It’s not easy on a cold summit with freezing fingers and a brain which is telling you it’s much warmer back at the car. Keep going and you’ll soon wonder why you didn’t try it earlier… and yes, I agree with Richard - we all have off days!

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

I thought I might be slipping into an “off day” today when I failed to send my own callsign correctly in three attempts :frowning:

I did manage to send the HI correctly though while my face was turning red.

In reply to M1EYP:

It’s a good job CW isn’t a video mode, or indeed accompanied by voice. The odd expletive has been known to get blown away on the wind while handling a pile up on 10MHz. :slight_smile:

In reply to M1EYP:

Do you get CW sending brain freeze? That’s where you’re calling CQ and have switched to autopilot. You’re sending away looking at the view or wondering why you’re daft enough to sit in the cold dreik when suddenly you come back to reality with a bump and you’ve got no idea what you were sending or where in the CQ mantra you’re up to. Very embarrassing!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Yeah I get that. Just that I can’t be bothered getting embarrassed about it any more!