Wasserkuppe, DM/HE-001

Dear friends,
a picture tells a thousands words:

DM_HE_001_DL4TO_20220113

Dense fog at my home-QTH but a sunny day over the inverse-layer on the “Wasserkuppe” in Central Hesse, 950m high.
Not only clear views, but also some dx-s2s-qso`s (tnx Bob, AC1Z and Paul, N1ZF, on W1/HA-068) and many other nice contacts made this activation for me unforgettable!
Rig: KX2/5W, doublet 2x13m

Of course, Manuel, EA2DT, was a reliable chaser again (headword: 300.000 chaser-points… :clap:) along with all the other call´s, heard since many years on the bands!

In spite of a lovely sun and temp abt. 5 degrees celsius, my fingers and feets got a little cold after more than 90 min, ending with a challenging pile-up on 40m in cw.
Please apologize for no ssb-mods…

Thanks again, cuagn sn!
73, Gerhard, DL4TO

21 Likes

Tnx, Gerhard for our 2s2 on 20m in cw and your nice words in our qso.
I wasn’t able to say it in cw. And it was a big surprise to work you on a ground wave over 174km. The pic shows the theoretical paths of the waves

I enjoy it so much, that I didn’t miss all the nice cw contacts now. The “learning by doing” methode seems to work.
By the way, yesterday I had my very first s2s contact to the states in cw with Paul, N1ZF :laughing:

73 chris

2 Likes

Thanks for the S2S and one more complete :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

73 Armin

Hi Gerhard,

Wasserkuppe is unique place.
I have nice memories from there :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Hi Jarek,
I could not agree more. There are attractive views from the Wasserkuppe in winter time like Gerhard @DL4TO provided :grinning: :+1: with his photo (or see my QSL card from an earlier activation)…

…but also in spring or autumn, when the light can be fascinating.

That might be the reason, why I return there from time to time for a SOTA activation.

Good to see that others share the affection for the Wasserkuppe, DM/HE-001. :grinning:

73, Peter DO4TE

1 Like