W7A (Arizona) Region Update

I’d like to announce that region W7A has just been updated. The summit count has increased from 119 to >2400. Arizona has a very diverse geological terrain from low deserts to high mountain forests. There are summits for everyone! The new regions are organized by county except for the legacy regions of AW and AE, which needed to be maintained “as-is” for database integrity. I’d like to thank Mark (K7MLC) for getting Arizona started in SOTA back in 2010. I’d also like to thank Bob (AF9W), Steve (KY7K), Guy (N7UN) & the SOTA Management team for helping me in expanding the W7A region, updating the ARM and for consultation in the process. I hope the wide range of new summits will attract more activators from both inside and outside of Arizona. Come and enjoy.

Dan, W7DDM
W7A - SOTA Association Manager.

In reply to W7DDM:

There’s a wee SNAFU at present in that the dates have flipped to US format. So the starting date is showing as 12 Jan 2012 not 1 Dec 2012. This will be fixed real soon now along with them becoming available on SOTAwatch for spotting and alerting.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

The dates are now correct with the start date for these new Arizona summits being 1st-Dec-2012.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Thanks Andy. That one escaped me.
But I see nothing escapes the MT :).
Dan W7DDM

I presume the update to the Summitslist.csv will happen shortly (as it only had the W7A/AE and W7A/AW regions in it just now).

Stewart G0LGS

Will the updated W7A ARM be uploaded to the SOTA Website soon?

Jimmy 2E0EYP