W4C/EM-005, Elk Knob this Saturday

Hi SOTA Friends,

I plan to activate W4C/EM-005, Elk Knob this Saturday and I’d appropriate the chase!

If all goes well I should be up running between 10-12 EST. Depending on how that goes I may also try to activate W4C/EM-004, Snake Mountain. If things go really really well… I may do an evening activation of either W4C/EM-007, Beech or W4C/EM-0,11, Sugar.

If you’d like me to send you a text once I’m up and running please let me know.

Thanks folks!
Alan
KN4BBC

1 Like

My plans are very fluid, but there is some chance I’ll be on W8M/LP-002 and/or W8M/LP-001 around 12 EST. The lake effect snow engine is running full steam, though, so I won’t know timing (and even if we’ll make it up there) until time of.

We typically get into SC very well on 40m during midday, so we might be able to work a s2s. I keep a close eye on the Sota Spotter app. If you want to exchange #s, shoot me an email: quietglow@gmail.com.

73 and good luck,
Joe

Did the Elk Knob a while back. Be careful if wet, slick spots and long hike up to the top. Beautiful views at the half way point and from the top. Enjoy. Will be listening for you.
Johnpaul//AB4PP

Alan,

Please remember to post your alert on SOTAWatch prior to your trip. This would be very helpful to your chasers, as well as other activators who might want to contact you S2S.

The alert tells us what bands and modes you might use, as well as when to start looking for you. You can easily update it if things change.

George
KX0R