W1 SOTA Campout 2021
July 16th Friday to July 19th Monday, 2021
We had a great time camping and activating the past three years with SOTA operators from several states. This is an opportunity for those who participate in or have interest in the “Summits on the Air” SOTA program to meet each other, have conversation, learn and activate SOTA summits in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Join in for the entire three-night campout or for as many nights as you would like or just stop by for a while, it is an informal gathering.
Make your reservation at: Campton Campground
There are both tent and RV sites available. Senior Pass allows for discount.
Please email me at: email@example.com to let me know which site you reserve or if you are interested in stopping by the campground for a while or joining others for dinner at the nearby Mad River Tavern Saturday July 17th 6:30pm.
Bob AC1Z - Alton, NH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Campton Campground is one of the first National Forest campgrounds visitors encounter when driving north on Interstate 93. On Route 49 about 2 miles east exit 28 off Route 93, this location has 58 sites scattered amongst ancient white pine trees.
|Reservations:||This site can be reserved by calling Toll Free 1-877-444-6777 (International 518-885-3639 or TDD 877-833-6777) or on-line at Recreation.gov|
|Fees||$25 fee per night|
|Open Season:||May - mid-October|
|Closest Towns:||Campton, NH|
|Restroom:||Flush Toilet Coin Showers|
|Operated By:||Pro-Sport, Inc|
See Web sites below for more info and to reserve a site at the campground:
GPS Coordinates of Campground: Latitude: 43.873447 Longitude: -71.626717
SOTA Activating during the Day – Friday July 16th to Monday 19th, 2021 – Let others know your activation plans for Summit to Summits.
Friday July 16th – Initial gathering, conversation, campfire, Food and Drink at 5:30pm. Bring your favorite SOTA gear, pictures, videos, etc. to share with others.
Saturday July 17th - Meet at Mad River Tavern Restaurant for dinner at 6:30pm. Located within minutes from Campton campground.
Sunday July 18th and Monday July 19th - More SOTA Activating and gatherings.
Some SOTA Summits near Campton Campground
All suggested trails are designated and maintained except as noted. Other trails or ways to summits are possible.
Listed in order of driving time from campground to parking - source: Google maps:
- Sandwich Mt. -W1/HA-020 - 10 points – 9 minute drive to Parking Area GPS 43.93820, -71.51084 Drakes Brook and Sandwich Mt. Trails 4.3 mile hike to summit 3980 ft. – Elevation Gain Approx. 2600 ft. – Small lookout area at summit with nice view.
- Mt Tripyramid North-W1/HA-033- 10 points – 14 minute drive to GPS 43.965895, -71.513712 Livermore S Trailhead parking off Tripoli Rd. Livermore, Scaur Ridge and Pine Bend Brook Trails to 4180 ft summit – Elevation Gain approx. 2600ft. Lookout at summit and area to set up antenna.
- Mt. Tecumseh – W1/HA-015 -10 points – 14 minute Drive to Mt Tecumseh Trailhead –2.2 miles to summit 4003ft. - Elevation Gain approx. 2100ft - View at summit clearing.
- Mt Osceola -W1-HA-011-10 points - 26 min drive to Tripoli Road parking lot GPS 43.983498, -71.559945 – Mt. Osceola Trail 3.2 miles to summit 4340 ft. -Elevation Gain approx. 2050 ft. – Great view at summit large area for antenna.
- Also, several 1, 2 and 6 point summits within minutes. Details later.