VK1AD in OE May - Jun 22

Hello Austria

My wife and I will be in OE from 13 May to 30 Jun. For the first three weeks we will be based in Linz, followed by some time in Salzburg and Zell am Moos. On 21 Jun we will travel to Bregenz where I plan to catch up with Herbert OE9HRV and visit FR on Friday 24 Jun.

We return to Linz on Sunday 26 Jun for 3 days before departing Vienna for the return flight to VK…

I have exchanged emails with Herbert OE9HRV, Heinz OE5EEP and Sylvia OE5YYN. I hope, but can’t guarantee, there may be opportunities for a couple of SOTA activations. I will have a FT-60R HT complete with a good HT antenna and a 2m SlimJim.

Edit: I will keep an eye on SOTAWatch for opportunities to chase on 2m FM. I would like to get OE in my VHF chased summits.

If activation opportunities arise, I will post an Alert. :wink:

73 Andrew VK1AD

11 Likes

I look forward to catching up at midday at the QSL wall at Ham Radio Friedrichshafen on Friday 24th June in that case!

73 Ed DD5LP/VK2JI.

2 Likes

Enjoy your stay, Austria is beautiful! OE5 should run well on 2m.

Thanks for S2S recently, planning to visit Friedrichshafen on Saturday only unfortunately.

73, DIZ

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

Hope your visit to OE land goes well and the weather is kind to you.

Looks like you’ll only have VHF gear with you?

From Linz you’ll have a chance of joining in the Czech monthly VHF activity contests:

15/5 VHF SSB Comp 08.00 - 11.00 UTC
11/6 VHF FM contest 10.00 - 12.00 CET
19/6 VHF SSB Comp 08.00 - 11.00 UTC

There’s also the 144Mhz May contest running 21 &22/5 1400 - 1400 UTC

73 de

Jon

2 Likes

Thank you Markus for the best wishes, we are definitely looking forward to the warmer weather.

If the opportunity arises I may be able to work you on 2m FM from an OE9 or HB0 summit.

73, Andrew VK1AD

Hi Jon

Thank you for the best wishes and the 2m contest info, sounds interesting.

73, Andrew VK1AD

1 Like

On Sunday 22 May I am joining Herbert @OE9HRV for a joint activation of Hochsalm OE/OO-063.

The Linz weather forecast for tomorrow is rain in the morning and later clearing during the afternoon.

73 Andrew OE/VK1AD

1 Like

Are you going to be at the FN Rally? Having met your namesake and callsign anagram there a few years back (Andrew VK1DA) it would be nice to add you to my collection of “worked/met all VK Andrew’s” :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, on Friday 24th of June.

Andrew VK1AD

2 Likes

I would like to acknowledge the generosity of Herbert @OE9HRV and his wife, in offering to take me to three OE/OO peaks over the past weekend as a way to celebrate my birthday in OE. Thank you Herbert, your insistance that I work a 20m Europe pile up at each summit is growing on me :slightly_smiling_face:. I can see it is a right of passage for anyone from downunder.

Secondly I would like to thank Sylvia @OE5YYN for her enthusiasm, smiles and guidance in ascending OE/OO-080. Wow what a view from the summit! Thank you Sylvia I will have fond memories of my birthday at Hochsalm. :smiley:

Thanks to all OE5 chasers on 2m FM and the 2m S2S opportunities with @OE5EEP, @OE5JFE, @OE5EDR and @DL6TB.

Edit: My crusty left knee has recovered, 100% ready for the next summit :slightly_smiling_face:

73 Andrew OE/VK1AD

5 Likes

Happy birthday Andrew :+1: :beers: :beers:

Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

Congratulations to your birthday :+1:

And of course thanks for the S2S on 2m FM. I think a lot of stations used the chance to work VK in OE.

Enjoy your Holiday and see you at the Ham Radio Friedrichshafen.

73 Joe

1 Like

Happy birthday, Andrew!
Enjoy your time in Europe. I hope, we will have a 2S2 as same years ago, when you was already here.
73 Chris

1 Like

It was a pleasure taking you up to Hochsalm. Really enjoyed the day!
So glad that you knee does not show any signs of “fatigue”.

Any time again!
73, Sylvia
OE5YYN

2 Likes

Happy Birthday, Andrew!
You did not mention your birthday in our S2S exchange!

73 Heinz

Today, I hope to activate two OE summits on 2m FM simplex: OE/OO-012 and OE/SB-257.

I haven’t posted alerts as my potential activation timings will be controlled by others. Once I have sufficent info on activation timings I will post alerts.

At this point I can’t say with any certainty what the order will be.

Hope to qualify both peaks on 2m FM.

73 Andrew OE/VK1AD

2 Likes

Alert posted for Krippenstein at approximately 10:15 am local time, 08:15 UTC, 2m FM only.

73, Andrew OE/VK1AD

1 Like

On the cable car to OE/SB-257 now.

Tomorrow (Thursday) I will accompany Herbert OE9HRV for an activation of OE/VB-473 at approximately 0900 UTC.

73, Andrew VK1AD

3 Likes

Glad to listen for you on Diedamskopf with Herbert, Andrew - will be on a summit with even 2-m-possibilities to you at around the same time. Cu maybe in Friedrichshafen, too.

73, Markus HB9DIZ

1 Like