Visiting Isle of Man and Wales

Hi Joe
Welcome! This year the Ham Fair is 31 Aug and 1 Sep @ Tokyo big site, the same place as two years back. SOTA Japan Aassociation will have stand in there. Please visit and join for eyeball party on 31 Aug night.

Also thank you for hints of operation. I will try to QRV in SSB as well.

Toru MD0ITP

Andy Thank you I got understood. Very good information.
See you soon.

Toru MD0ITP

Andy understood. This also very informative for me. See you sson

Toru MD0ITP

And yet yesterday, one valley away on GW/NW-045 and NW/GW-014, between getting dropped off and picked up I met noone - not a soul. Just saw one guy in the distance coming down Moel Hebog.

Same. Just before I battled through the bank holiday masses on Pendle Hill G/SP-005, I’d done Boulsworth Hill G/SP-008, just a short distance away. A much nicer hill, a much nicer walk - and I had it all to myself!

Gah, I’ll be flying out August 15. In any case, a SOTA dinner before the ham fair is still a valid option :smiley:

1 Like

Keep me posted on that dinner. Would love to join if I may be so bold to invite myself :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Arrived IoM in this early morning due to delay of ferry from Liverpool. Just after arrival I made QSO on 7MHz from cottage. Tomorrow I will come up to Mt. Snaefell. Please find me.

Toru MD0ITP

2 Likes

Yesterday I made activation from GD/GD-001 Mt. Snaefell. Thank you for call and I made 3 S2S QSO. Today I will activate from GD/GD-002 Mt. Slieau Freoaghane.

3 Likes

Hi Toru hope you’re enjoying the Isle of Man it’s a beautiful place.

There should be extra points just for being able to pronounce that one :rofl:

1 Like

Golf delta stroke golf delta zero zero two

Easy! :wink:

2 Likes

Very difficult or almost impossible, then I announced only reference number… :sweat_smile:

Toru MD0ITP

1 Like

Hi Andy sure it was actually I did…:sweat_smile:

Toru MD0ITP

I’m on a way back to home. Thank you all for chasing. Unfortunately Snowdon gave me a tough weather then only 6 FM QSO has been made on 145MHz and no HF has been made. I really wish to see the marvelous view from summit. But this was the reality.

IMG_6239_R

Route and altitude was below.

1 Like

In Isle of Man I made two SOTA activations. This was Snaefell GD/GD-001.

IMG_6053_R

IMG_6048_R

I followed Mark’s suggestion to start from Laxey.

Toru MD0ITP

2 Likes

This was second SOTA activation from IoM. Mt. … (difficult) Mt. GD/GD-002 (Mt. Slieau Freoaghane)

I walked 28 km for this time.

IMG_6112_R

IMG_6117_R

IMG_6125_R

See you soon mate
Cheers

Toru MD0ITP

3 Likes

Actually the pronounciation presents no particular difficulties: [sluːfəˈraːn]

It’s the spelling that is tricky.

Martyn

Well you certainly did the Manx hills ‘properly’ Toru! Sea level to the summit - well done.

As for Snowdon you did better than I a few weeks ago. I turned back about a 100m below the summit due to the weather. I’ve climbed it umpteen times, but never with a radio!

Pity about the weather, you’ve come a long way!

PS what is your photo of? :thinking:

2 Likes