Video Upload

GM/ES-084 Ready for viewing but not happy to load onto SOTA Page.
You can view it here in the meantime

Mike
MM0ROV

In reply to MM0ROV:
Nice video… I like the ground screw for the mast !

Andrew
K1YMI / GM1YMI

In reply to K1YMI:
Thanks for uploading Andrew - finger trouble on my part - Hi

In reply to MM0ROV:

Nice. Especially as shows someone using my SMS bot!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0ROV:

Excellent viewing Mike - a most professional presentation. I would not be surprised if you are asked to agree to its use by those that lecture on the subject of SOTA.

73, Gerald

In reply to MM0ROV:
It’s YouTube … not you. You have to click on one of the forum postings and then click “submit a video” … if you try from the main page it won’t work.

Andrew
K1YMI / GM1YMI

In reply to MM0ROV:
Mike,

What is the “yellow” device called that you screwed into the earth for mounting your vertical? It looks quite practical and well suited for securing a vertical without guy lines.

Thanks in advance,

Guy/N7UN

In reply to MM0ROV:
Mike,

What is the “yellow” device called that you screwed into the earth for mounting your vertical? It looks quite practical and well suited for securing a vertical without guy lines.

Thanks in advance,

Guy/N7UN

In reply to N7UN:
I’m also curious about the yellow screw-in mast support…where do you get one???

Mike VA6FUN

In reply to MM0ROV:

Good quality video Mike & especially good quality music.
I have seen the screw base or something similar offered from time to time in Aldi supermarket when they have the camping gear on sale. I need to get my camera back & start making videos again, hopefully in time for my GM/SS trip in July.

In reply to All Posts:

Thanks for all the positive feedback - The yellow thing is a ground spike for a rotary garden clothes dryer. I got it from my local DIY (B&Q) store costing £12 and comes complete with different size sleeves to fit different size sota poles. As yet, It has been sturdy enough to support a vertical without the use of guys.

Mike
MM0ROV

In reply to MM0ROV:

Hi MIke,

Just been and got one on way home,

What an excellent piece of gear and weighs next to nothing!!

Shame about the colour,but I can see this becoming an essential piece of kit for SOTA!

B&Q will be sold out soon Hi Hi

Thanks for the idea

Best 73

Tony

In reply to 2E0LAE:
I looked in Homebase yesterday and they have the same thing in black at £11.99, for those who don’t fancy the yellow one !

73 Graham G3OHC

In reply to G3OHC:

Nah, go for the yellow one - you are less likely to leave it on a summit! Of course that doesn’t apply to the person that left a yellow GPS on a summit… or so I have been told :wink:

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

Good point Gerald !

I’m getting more forgetful with advancing years !!

73 Graham

In reply to G3OHC:
Can someone get the manufacturer’s name for those of us in the “colonies”. A B&H website doesn’t show the product. There’s a ebay.uk web listing but they don’t ship international. I’m trying to find a source here in NA for the product. It does look like it could be very useful! Thanks, Guy

In reply to N7UN:

Which doesn’t solve “across the pond” issues.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Which doesn’t solve “across the pond” issues.

If anyone across the pond wants one of these let me know and ill price the shipping.

ADRIAN
2M0ETR

In reply to 2M0ETR:

Adrian,

Yes, I’m interested and I expect we could find a half-dozen others in order to make the shipping costs more acceptable. Please email me directly at my qrz-dot-com address. I can then work directly with you.

Thanks for the assistance,

Guy, N7UN

In reply to G3OHC:

Hi Overhead Cam, the phrase is " shud have gone to Homebase" never mind as Gerald says less chance of leaving a bright yellow object on the summit.

Thanks for heads up! did you buy one or just browse?

Tony