Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Tues the 2nd July


Having just looked at the forecast I have decided that I will probably be out on Tuesday evening. Forecast is for a wet day but dry night. I will be packed up and ready to go on Monday night so that I can just pick up the gear on tueday and leave.

Activity will primarily be on 2M FM and SSB but may take other stuff up depending on what I feel like.

Hopefully I wont be the only one.



In reply to G7ADF:

May do SP-004 or 013 Ian - however I think it will be Tues 3rd of July :wink:


In reply to G1INK:

In reply to G7ADF:

May do SP-004 or 013 Ian - however I think it will be Tues 3rd of July

I was thinking of activating it retrospectivly. So I will be doing it in 2002. This method will not only allow me to become SOTA’s first mountain goat, but to do it on SOTA’s day of inception. :slight_smile:

Thats only if I can fix up my wardrobe as a Tardis. If not, I’ll do it Tuesday the 3rd 2007 instead.



In reply to G7ADF:

Thats only if I can fix up my wardrobe as a Tardis.

If you succeed, will this be the first activation of Narnia as well?

73 es hopefully work you on Tuesday evening, Gerald


In reply to G7ADF:

Hopefully I wont be the only one.

Unlikely as the 2m VHF Activity/Club contest will be on from 2000 local so there will be plenty of people to contact on 2m SSB at least.




In reply to G3CWI:

Well the weather is not looking too condusive, but if there is any chance of going, I’ll be there.

Even if I dont make it, then I’ll definately be there whatever the weather (well maybe not lightening) on Sunday.



Maidenhead locators at the ready folks. Usefully, the individual summit pages here on SOTAwatch have them. I will be crying off if poor wx though.


Wont be QRV on Tuesday from “the hill” as I had hoped. (Using 5 mhz on an activation for the first time) Family duties beckon…

So I might be chasing and BTW it was nice that my first ever 5 mhz QSO this afternoon was with Mike GW0DSP/P on a SOTA activation… it seemed to make the effort of getting onto the band all worthwhile to get SOTA points from the off!

73 Marc G0AZS


Please cancel all activations this Tuesday night as I have been called in to work :0(

Seriously hope the weather is kind and it all goes well.

Regards Steve GW7AAV


In reply to GW7AAV:

I might have to cancel myself after disaster struck my old Rover today, see my activation report for an explanation.
If I can find a replacement part and get it fitted, I’ll be on summit as usual.

73 Mike GW0DSP


In reply to GW0DSP:

No summit for me tonight - I have a couple coming round at 7.30pm to collect my old car. Looks like the rain may finally stop on Friday :wink:


Marianne wants us to go to the gym together tonight. And it’s still raining. There is therefore a strong possibility that I won’t turn up.


In reply to M1EYP:

Probably not worth it for me either then. Its nice and sunny in Liverpool at the moment but quite a stiff wind. I think there might be more rain today.



Well, my old cronky car is now repaired, but the wx has turned foul so I’m not certain if I will be out.
If I can’t get on the summit because of the bad wx, I will be in the shack all evening looking for any of you that manage to get out.

Good luck to everyone.

73 Mike GW0DSP


In reply to GW0DSP:

Isnt it just the thing. I managed to get away from work early today (first time in 6 months). Just started spitting in Wigan. Not going to risk it. I need to have dry gear for the weekend.

Think I’ll have a beer instead :slight_smile:



In reply to G7ADF: