However it is matched to the transmitter, I think there is merit in getting a decent length of wire (eg a half wave length or more) as high as possible.
I find my Elecraft T1 really usefull, but although it will match my old wire doublet on 80m, the few times that I have tried it have not resulted in any contacts.
The old doublet is resonant a bit below 7MHz, and works fairly well on 30m / 40m / 60m, as in I have made a few contacts on each band without too much of a struggle. I have never measured its length, it just evolved - it started out as a 30m dipole, then one day, on a summit, I cut my spare length of wire in half, and added a bit to each end, to improve the chances of an S2S on 40m. At some later date, I split the “figure of 8” flex that I use as feeder, and stretched the span a bit more, to improve the chances of an S2S on 60m. That also shortened the feeder, of course, leading to potentially lower losses
I’ve been using it for years, because it just works - but I’ve had it in mind to try something a bit better, and I will persevere with the new linked dipole to see how I get on. I’ll probably still take the T1, though, to compensate for frequency changes, wire fences, shorter support poles etc.