Troubleshooting guide to SOTAData

I can’t log in to the new sotadata website, what should I do?

If you previously had a login on the old sotadata website have you tried that? Do not just create a new account. This will mean none of your old QSOs are in your new account. It also adds a second account with your callsign. Try using your old sotadata login. It probably works.

I did, but it didn’t work!

OK, have you tried the “Forgot Password” link? If that doesn’t work, do not just create a new account. This will mean none of your old QSOs are in your new account. It also adds a second account with your callsign. Try looking in your SPAM folder, it may have ended up there.

Nope, nothing in the SPAM folder!

OK, it may be that your old email address isn’t one you were expecting, so it might be in a different email account. Or, perhaps your email server is dropping mail as SPAM. What you can do now is contact the SOTA MT via https://www.sota.org.uk and clicking on the Contact tab. What you don’t want to be doing right about now is creating a new account. This will mean none of your old QSOs are in your new account. It also adds a second account with your callsign. Try contacting the MT. We can probably fix it.

I can login, but all I get is a blank screen

In this case, there’s been an issue with the synchronisation of your account with the old database. What you can do now is contact the SOTA MT via https://www.sota.org.uk and clicking on the Contact tab. What you don’t want to be doing right about now is creating a new account. This will mean none of your old QSOs are in your new account. It also adds a second account with your callsign. Try contacting the MT. We can definitely fix it.

I contacted the MT, but no one responded, so I sent a new message to another MT member, and they didn’t respond, so I sent another message, and no one has responded to that.

Actually, you waited about two minutes between sending each message, all of which end up in the same handling queue anyway, and now there’s 10 of the things to look through… We’re all volunteers, we’re not going to be able to respond as quickly as that every time. There’s no point in going through every possible contact on the Contact form and sending them the same message. Really. One message is fine!

I couldn’t log in, so I just created a new account, but now I can’t see any of my QSOs!

Oh for the love of… Just contact the MT via the contact page. The process of unmessing that up requires some work, so it may take a some time to deal with.

10 Likes

I too get a blank screen when I try to access the database, I am logged in OK.

Also tried to use the Contact tab and it too doesn’t work, another blank screen.

Any advice welcome.

Roger
MI0WWB

Windows XP?

I was trying to access on an iPad.

Roger
For what its worth, I have an Ipad mini, and probably one of the earliest ones. and I can log onto the new sotadata.org.uk ok. I’ve just done this via Sotawatch 3, then clicking the blue tab SOTA links. It does appear to attempt to do it a couple of times before the site shows up On the grey bar with the web address, the blue line showing progress at uploading does go across twice before the database website actually appears. And I’ve just checked that I can view my results/qso’s and it does that OK too.

David

Privacy blocker? Ancient version of Safari?